Red Giant Software today announced Magic Bullet Grinder 1.5, the newest version of the fastest, smartest way to transcode DSLR footage. Grinder is a standalone solution that converts Canon video to edit-friendly formats, burns in timecode and generates editing proxies in a single time-saving pass. With Grinder 1.5, editors can avoid the tedium of converting video footage and focus on the creative parts of filmmaking.
Many of the new features in Magic Bullet Grinder 1.5 came directly from user suggestions. As a thank you to those users, Grinder 1.5 is offered as a free upgrade to version 1.0, and is now included as a part of the popular Magic Bullet Suite.
New features of Magic Bullet Grinder 1.5 include:
- ProRes HQ and ProRes LT codecs for high-resolution output.
- Frame rate options of 25p or 24p for 30p and 60p conversion.
- ProRes LT codec and 1080p option for proxy file output.
- Render priority control — finish all proxies first and start editing immediately.
- Create Time Of Day timecode using camera metadata.
- Burn-in options for timecode, frame number and file name.
- Customized options for file naming and output destinations.
- Support for Growl notifications of render start and finish.
Grinder frees up your video editing application by transcoding inside its own render queue, and makes that conversion faster and easier than working in Final Cut Pro 7. Version 1.5 supports all video-capable Canon DSLRs and H264-encoded footage for a professional, efficient workflow.
Pricing & Availability
Magic Bullet Grinder 1.5 costs $49 USD. Version 1.5 is free to existing Magic Bullet Grinder 1.0 customers. For a free demo and more information, please visit http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/magic-bullet-grinder/