New features in the native 32- and 64-bit versions of Vegas Pro 10 include powerful stereoscopic 3D editing tools, enhanced closed captioning features, broadened video effect support and new event level audio effects, as well as workflow and user interface enhancements. These updates enable media creators to quickly produce and deliver compelling content for broadcast and broadband distribution, theatrical releases, YouTube™ 3D, and prepare content for DVD and 3D Blu-ray™ titles.
"As the market leader in developing 3D technologies, Sony is focused on providing integrated professional 3D hardware and software products built for everyone from innovative broadcasters to inspired filmmakers," said Dave Chaimson, Sony Creative Software vice president of global marketing. "With the upcoming launch of Vegas Pro 10, Sony now provides one of the industry's most intuitive applications for natively editing 3D. In addition to providing tools that simplify professional 3D production, Vegas Pro 10 continues to innovate unique solutions for closed captioning, 5.1 surround sound, and widespread content distribution support to offer the most intuitive and progressive workflows for media production."
Vegas Pro 10 Feature Highlights
* Stereoscopic 3D Editing: Vegas Pro 10 facilitates the creation of 3D projects by enabling users to import, adjust, edit, preview and export stereoscopic 3D projects natively without any additional tools or plug-ins. These new features and workflow updates make working in 3D as seamless as working in 2D. While fully compatible with the latest 3D screen technology, anaglyphic viewing is also supported, making it possible to preview 3D on any monitor
* Improved Closed Captioning: Improved support for closed captions enables broadcasters to preview captions in the Video Preview and Trimmer windows for increased accuracy and ease of editing. Other improvements include increased support for line 21 closed captions, HD SDI closed captions, multiple closed captioning file types as well as the ability to export captions for Sony DVD Architect™, YouTube™, RealPlayer®, QuickTime™, and Windows Media Player®.
* Workflow Tools and Enhancements: Sony has also introduced the following updates to Vegas Pro 10:
o Expanded Multicam Functionality: Updated multicam features provide a more robust editing and preview experience by offering the ability to view the multicam source clips and the full-screen edited program output simultaneously
o Improved support for DSLR video: Performance improvements make editing video from popular DSLR cameras faster and easier
o Track Grouping: This update offers a quick and easy way to organize and manage complex projects by grouping related sections of video/audio for a cleaner working environment
o Advanced Transport Controls: UI modifications offer efficient access to important editing tools, providing a more intuitive workflow while improving overall productivity
* Image Stabilization: New stabilization tools greatly reduce jittery or shaky video sometimes caused by hand held recording.
* Video Plug-in SDK:Video Effects Plug-in Architecture:Vegas Pro 10 now offers a completely new video effects plug-in architecture based on the Open Effects Association standard. This industry-leading standard was created from the combined experience of the leading companies in the visual effects industry. The new architecture is accessed by a new software development kit (SDK), which reduces the developer's workload by automating UI integration. These features will benefit editors by greatly expanding the available visual effects plug-ins available for Vegas Pro 10.
* Enhanced Audio Tools: In addition to the Dolby Digital Professional™ 5.1 surround sound production capabilities of Vegas Pro, the upcoming version includes the following new features:
o Audio Event FX: For more precise control over the placement of audio effects at the master output, bus level, track level and now at the event level for greater flexibility when working with multitrack projects.
o Input Busses: Input Busses now enable editors to record, mix and monitor audio from external hardware devices.
o VU meters: The Vegas Pro Mixing Console view becomes even more powerful with the addition of new VU meters.
o Track Meters: Track Meters provide direct feedback and a faster editing workflow throughout the record, edit and mix process.
* GPU Accelerated AVC Encoding: Users with CUDA-enabled nVidia video cards are now able to encode to the Sony AVC format with improved rendering performance and speed.
* Device Support: Sony continues to add expanded device support with each new version including HD-SDI adapters, Sony NXCAM cameras, and broader support for DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ drives.
Once a project is ready for delivery, Vegas Pro 10 features broad support for industry leading media formats. From DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring to integrated tape, file, and SDI I/O options, Vegas Pro makes it easy to encode and deliver content in an extensive range of popular formats.
"Vegas Pro 10 provides powerful features that are crucial for 3D editing," said filmmaker Jean-Jacques Mantello, director of the acclaimed IMAX theatre films "Dolphins and Whales 3D", "Sharks 3D" and "Ocean Wonderland" distributed by 3D Entertainment Distribution. "Creating quality 3D projects can be a complex challenge, but Vegas Pro presents a solution that allows editors to intuitively work with footage for results that put audiences into the heart of the action, whether on land, in the air or under the sea."
Price and Availability
Vegas Pro 10 software is scheduled to be available on October 11, 2010 at retailers worldwide and for purchase online at www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for Vegas Pro 10 software is U.S. $699.95. Upgrades from previous versions of Vegas Pro are available for U.S.$249.95 from www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Localized French, German, Spanish, and Japanese versions will be available on October 11, 2010.
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, music, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and audio production. The company develops applications that integrate with and enhance use of Sony cameras and other hardware devices. Sony Creative Software customers span the globe and include seasoned professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as students, educators, hobbyists, and enthusiasts. For more information about professional and consumer products, visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.