Io Express is an ideal Mac or PC interface for video professionals looking for an inexpensive monitoring and mastering solution when working with Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), XDCAM HD, DVCPRO HD and more. Io Express bridges the computer and video worlds, providing professional I/O options to laptops such as the Apple MacBook Pro or to desktops such as the Apple Mac Pro or HP workstations.
"Io Express offers some of the most frequently requested features from AJA's user-base," said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video. "Io Express provides an extremely flexible range of connectivity options, and its small form factor and low price point make it the perfect addition to any filmmaker, DP or editor's gear kit."
Io Express Features:
- Interfaces with MacBook Pro and Windows laptops, or Mac Pro and Windows workstations, for input/output of popular file-based formats
- HD/SD SDI input and output
- HDMI 1.3a input and output, with Deep Color support at 30-bits per pixel
- HD/SD Component analog video output
- 2-Channel RCA audio output
- LTC Timecode I/O (selectable LTC Input/Reference Video Input)
- RS422 machine control
- Powerful and proven AJA driver software
- Compatible with the latest Apple Final Cut Studio, Adobe CS4, and more
- Small, highly portable case design, one rackunit tall, half rackunit wide
- 4-pin XLR power for AC or battery operation included
- 1-meter PCIe tether cable included
- PCIe Mac Pro / workstation interface or ExpressCard/34 laptop interface versions available
- AJA 3-year international warranty
Io Express is now shipping with Mac driver software; Windows driver software will be available soon for free download. For a complete overview of features and technical specifications, please visit http://www.aja.com. Io Express is available now via AJA's network of worldwide resellers and channel partners for an MSRP of US$995.