"The first version of Matrox MXO2 was a big hit at NAB winning four prestigious awards and sales have exploded since it began shipping this summer," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. "With Matrox MXO2 Rack we are building on that success. We listened to our customers and are now delivering Matrox MXO2 Rack to meet the needs of broadcasters and post facilities who require heavy-duty, rackmountable gear with more audio inputs and outputs.
Matrox MXO2 Rack will be demonstrated at Broadcast Video Expo in London on February 17 on stand C6.
Key features of Matrox MXO2 Rack
· Rugged 2RU form factor
· HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
· Genlock with loop through - SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
· HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
· 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion
· Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs - HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
· Professional audio inputs and outputs with up to 7.1 surround sound monitoring
o 4-in, 8-out balanced XLR
o 4-in, 4-out unbalanced AES/EBU
o 8-in, 8-out SDI and HDMI embedded
· RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
· Captures to a variety of codecs - Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD and many more
· Supports file-based workflows - XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2
· Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
· For use with Intel-based MacBook Pros and Mac Pros
Price and availability
Priced at $1,995 US (£1,495, €1,695) not including local taxes, Matrox MXO2 Rack will be available mid-March 2009 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.