LightScribe -- a laser DVD/CD label burning technology found in many popular brands of DVD/CD burners, laptops and PCs -- gives people the ability to easily burn silkscreen-quality photos, graphics, images and text directly onto LightScribe CDs and DVDs. A simple title printed in normal mode will typically take a couple of minutes. A fuller disc image will take approximately 15-20 minutes. LightScribe CDs are available in gold, red, orange, yellow, blue and green.
LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling technology is now being incorporated by over 100 personal computer, optical drive and media manufacturers, software developers, and media and hardware brands worldwide, including:
- Personal computer manufacturers Alienware, Asus, Equus Computer Systems, Evesham Technology, Founder, HP, Lenovo, Medion, MESH Computers, Packard Bell, Paradigit, Samsung and Targa
- Hardware brands Ahtec Computer, Alienware, Apricorn, Asustek, Ativa, BenQ, Buffalo, Candy Technology, Evesham Technology, Freecom Technologies, Gear Head, Gericom, HP, I/OMagic, LaCie, LG Electronics, Lite-On IT, Medion, Memorex, Packard Bell, Pacific Digital, Paradigit, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung and Sony
- Media brands Aleratec, Ativa, BenQ, Digitex, Esperanza, HP, Imation, Infiniti, Intenso, KODAK Media Products, Maxell, Melody Technology, Memorex, Microboards, Mitsubishi, Omega, Philips, Platinet, PRIMEON, Ricoh, River Pro Audio, TDK, Vakoss Verbatim and VinPower
- Optical drive manufacturers Asustek, Hitachi-LG Data Storage, Lite-On IT, Panasonic Communications, Panasonic Shikoku Electronics, Philips LiteOn Data Systems, Pioneer, QSI, Sony Optiarc, TEAC and Toshiba-Samsung Storage Technology
- Software developers Acoustica, BHA, Corel, CyberLink, Droppix, Honest Technology, Kandalu, MicroVision Development, NEATO, Nero, NewSoft Technology, NewTech Infosystems, Roxio, SmileOnMyMac, Sonic Solutions, Target Cast and Ulead
- Duplicator and Disc publishing systems manufacturers Acronova, Advanced Digital Research, Alea, Aleratec, Amtren, CD PRO Resolu, Datatronics, Mexty Productions, Microboards and VinPower
- Media manufacturers CMC Magnetics, Mitsubishi Kagaku Media and Moser Baer India
- Hardware component manufacturers Marvell, MediaTek, Sony Semiconductor and Sunext Technology
- System integrator Micro-Star International
"Over five-years since the initial public announcement, LightScribe users have creatively personalized their digital content and, for businesses, improved impressions serving their commercial interests," said Kent Henscheid, marketing manager for LightScribe. "In the last several years, LightScribe streamlined its software environment to broaden accessibility for developers, and we now see applications well beyond single-user computing, including content duplication and numerous vertical markets. Following key business goals of broad adoption and technology simplification throughout its life cycle – coined as 'burn/flip/burn' - LightScribe is a success story in driving complex technology to consumer ease-of-use and affordability."
LightScribe-enabled CDs, DVDs, software, desktops, notebooks, aftermarket optical disc drives and duplicator systems are available at major retailers worldwide, as well as through most leading online stores.