UserMatic(TM) solves all of these issues once and for all, encouraging & facilitating experimentation in the thousands of ways Final Cut Pro can be customized. It leverages the editor's time and creativity, by allowing for versioning, rollback points, easier troubleshooting, multiple users, and even multiple bays.
- Tired of having to "Trash Your Preferences" and start over from scratch?
- Want to have different versions of your editing settings for different types of projects, genres, etc.?
- Ever need to troubleshoot them or roll them back, because of stray experimentation or corruption?
- Weary of clashing with other users' ideas of how the FCP keyboard should be mapped?
- Want an easy means of calling up your own Preferences from more than one workstation?
FCP settings that are stored in UserMatic(TM) include User Preferences, System Settings, Audio/Video Settings, choice of Easy Setup, Favorite Effects, Button Bars, Keyboard Layouts, Window Layouts, and more.
Features include the following:
User Matic(TM) was unveiled publicly for the first time at the Sept. 24 meeting of the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro Users Group (LAFCPUG) in Hollywood. Founder Michael Horton declared it "one of the best presentations we've had in a very long time, if not ever."
- Storage and Recall of an unlimited number of "user profiles" - each one containing an entire set of user customizations for Final Cut Pro.
- One-button Backup: of the entire Library of user profiles into a single date/timestamped .ZIP file. Useful for further versioning and archiving, as well as conveniently transporting FCP user preferences from one facility to another (e.g., via a USB flash drive).
- Trash button: reverts FCP back to its factory defaults, to clear existing customizations or for troubleshooting.
- "Safety net" feature: Overwritten & deleted preferences are actually stored away in 'Deleted' folder, just in case.
- Networking capability built-in. Simply pointing UserMatic(TM) to a network drive instantly allows for direct access to the same Library of user profiles from any number of FCP workstations (and potentially even from separate geographic locations, if desired).
Specs and Availability
- UserMatic(TM) is a Universal Binary (Intel/PowerPC). Requires Mac 10.3 or later.
- Price is $34.95, with volume discounts available.
- Further details, complete documentation, and download available at www.EditGroove.com