The MR-HD100 is designed to interface specifically with JVC's award-winning GY-HD200E/201E and GY-HD251E series of ProHD camcorders and seamlessly integrates native file recording technology, extended record times, and the breakthrough ability to wirelessly log custom metadata in the field while shooting.
"The new MR-HD100 adds tremendous value to our line of ProHD camcorders, empowering our customers to extend recording time, ensure error-free recordings, and streamline their video production workflow," said Semir Nouri, European Product Manager, Creation, JVC Professional Europe. "With the ability to assign custom metadata on the fly, Focus Enhancement has raised the bar again in tapeless acquisition, to save our customers hours or even days of logging time."
With a wireless (or wired) mobile device or laptop, broadcast and video professionals can access the MR-HD100 via a web browser, define metadata, and assign it to the video while recording. Focus Enhancements' Universal Metadata Engine™ ( UME ) ensures that metadata is compatible with Final Cut Pro and the Focus ProxSys® Media Asset Management product line.
As a result, clips are labeled, categorized, and organized as soon as the shoot is over - eliminating the need to spend hours reviewing, logging, and tagging footage in post-production. This new real-time metadata-based workflow ensures the seamless continuity of metadata through all phases of production and post-production for easier identification and management of media.
"JVC has been a long-time supporter of Focus Enhancements and the selection of a third generation DTE recorder is a strong endorsement of our technology," said Mark D'Addio, vice president of Business Development for Focus Enhancements. "We have worked closely with JVC to maximize integration between the MR-HD100 and JVC ProHD GY-HD200E/201E and GY-HD251E cameras to give users a streamlined, intuitive, and complete solution."
In addition to its real-time metadata-based workflow, new features and capabilities of the MR-HD100 include:
The MR-HD100 features unique integration with JVC GY-HD200 and GY-HD250 series of cameras, including the ability to monitor the recorder status in the camcorder's viewfinder. The ultra-portable device weighs only 12 ounces and can be mounted directly to the camera via an Anton/Bauer or IDX accessory bracket utilizing the included mount cage. The unit also comes standard with a USB 802.11g WiFi dongle.
- Increased Native File Recording support including QuickTime HDV 720p24/25/30/50/60 support and the addition of MXF HDV 720p30 and 1080i 50/60 support for Avid NLE systems
- Support for UDF to enable recording up to 1.5 hours in a single DV/HDV file
- Wired or optional Wireless network capabilities
- 1.8" internal disk drive featuring a very rugged, ultra-portable, and shock resistant design
- Fanless design for very quiet operations
- Removable Li-Ion battery pack to provide 3 hours record time
- Newly designed user interface and menu system feature an easy to navigate scroll wheel and 320 x 240 color backlit LCD display for menu and status viewing
- USB 2.0 interface for fast computer mounting and connection of accessories
Focus Enhancements will begin shipping a 100 GB version of the MR-HD100 to JVC's distribution channel in late September. For more information, visit http://pro.jvc.com or www.focusinfo.com.