"TriCaster BROADCAST is a culmination of our latest production technologies and is based on market feedback," said Andrew Cross, NewTek’s Executive VP, Software Engineering. "The growing family of TriCaster products now provides even more of the capabilities of a live remote production truck in a small package for an ever-growing list of professional video and web streaming applications."
Offering unprecedented flexibility, TriCaster BROADCAST allows producers to quickly connect and mix up to six serial digital or component cameras to provide full coverage of any event. Users can switch six cameras with a shared preview monitor or three cameras with a dedicated preview for each. TriCaster BROADCAST’s integrated character generator provides users the ability to create custom titles, motion graphics, scrolls and crawls. It can also lock any title or graphic upstream to any input.
Dual VCRs may be assigned to scrolls, crawls and motion titles. Operators may also easily cut to video using the on-board VCRs at any time without the need for another person to cue up the content.
In addition, TriCaster BROADCAST includes the following benefits:
- Full support for both 4:3 and 16:9 broadcasting
- Multi-format live clip playback
- VC-1 streaming support
- Serial Digital BNC connectors provide increased durability and reliability for camera hook-ups
- Four balanced XLR or phone jack connectors for professional audio mixing
- Simultaneous recording of full-screen .avi while archiving a Web stream
- iVGA under scan to select whether or not an external VGA input fills the entire video frame
- Cleaner keying and ease-of-setup with an optimized LiveMatte™ engine
- Integrated video editor, with improvements based on SpeedEDIT 1.5
- Additional tools that will allow customized LiveSet™ virtual sets created with LightWave 3D v9
The proprietary virtual set system in TriCaster BROADCAST, LiveSet™, allows virtual sets to be assigned independently to each of six camera inputs and the dual integrated DDR’s. In addition, each input has an independent LiveMatte™ module eliminating the need for expensive keying or frame-sync hardware. Each live virtual set supports multiple angles and focal lengths with support for secondary video sources, such as on-screen monitors. The photo-realistic LiveSet engine allows real-time reflections, refractions, bump maps and more.
Pricing and Availability
TriCaster BROADCAST NTSC is available in North America for $11,995US. TriCaster BROADCAST and is also available internationally in dual standard PAL/NTSC versions. For more information, please visit www.NewTek.com.