"Providing the Disk Station Manager 2.0 upgrade to our existing NAS server customers free of charge shows Synology's commitment to customer satisfaction" said Cheen Liao, President of Synology America Corp. "We've added significant new features and enhanced existing ones that extend the value and life of Synology NAS servers and in the process created a new NAS experience" Mr. Liao added.
Disk Station Manager 2.0 adds several new functions to the current lineup of Synology NAS servers, enhances several existing features, and lays a performance technology foundation for soon-to-be-announced ultra-high performance NAS servers. The key new and improved features include:
- AJAX Management UI: The brand new management interface utilizes AJAX technology, which brings you the familiar Windows experience with full drag and drop support and Wizards to simplify common NAS management tasks.
- Surveillance Station: Turn your Synology Disk Station into a network video recorder (NVR) by connecting IP cameras to the network, and recording surveillance video to the Synology Disk Station. Support for continuous or motion detection recording.
- Sony® Playstation® Support: Sony PlayStation 3 is now supported as a digital media adapter device.
- Microsoft® Xbox 360 Support: Microsoft Xbox360 is now supported as a digital media adapter device.
- Photo Station 3: Photo Station 3 has a brand new blogging function.
- New Office Backup: Data Replicator 3 provides a worry-free backup option
- Expandable RAID 5 Volume: Now you can add a new hard drive to expand the RAID 5 volume on the fly. No more volume deletions and re-creations are needed.
- MySQL Update: MySQL is now upgraded to 5.0.51.
- Secure SMTP Support: In the email notification settings, you are now able to enter a customized port number and select SSL connection.
- FTP with SSL/TLS for entry-level models: FTP with SSL/TLS is now supported on entry-level Synology NAS server models.
- HTTPS now supported for entry-level models: HTTPS is now supported on entry level Synology NAS server models.
- Encrypted Network Backup for entry-level models: Encrypted Network Backup is supported on entry-level Synology NAS models.
- New Audio Station: Audio Station comes with a brand new, sleek look.
Availability of Disk Station Manager 2.0 Upgrade
Disk Station Manager 2.0 will come pre-installed on new Synology NAS servers beginning in April and is available free to owners of most existing Synology NAS servers.
Please visit www.synology.com for more information and to download the Disk Station Manager2.0 upgrade.