"This latest software release extends MXO’s compatibility to include the full range of Mac laptop and desktop computers used by professional video editors," said Wayne Andrews, Matrox MXO product manager. "Matrox MXO is a must-have whether they work in the office or on the road, whether they use Apple Final Cut Pro and Color or Adobe Premiere Pro CS3."
Key features of Matrox MXO
- Inexpensive HD monitoring on an Apple Cinema Display or other DVI monitor with calibration tools that enable accurate, reliable color grading
- Frame-accurate, broadcast-quality HD/SD output from a laptop or workstation
- Realtime HD to SD downscaling
- WYSIWYG video output from QuickTime-based applications
- Genlockable HD/SD scan conversion for flicker-free video output of the computer desktop
- Portable, hot-swappable versatility
Priced at $995 US in North America (₤595, €899), Matrox MXO is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Release 2.1.1 is available to registered users as a free download from the Matrox website. It must be used in conjunction with Mac OS X v10.5.2 (Leopard) and Leopard graphics update 1.0.