LiveSet Generator™ for LightWave Features of the plug-in allows users to do the following:
- Create virtual sets with multiple camera angles and focal lengths.
- Generate effects with real-time video scaling for virtual on-set video monitors.
- Produce projects with full support for anti-aliasing, reflections, refractions, radiosity, texture filtering, bump maps and more.
- Automatically generate and assign LiveSet preview icons.
- Render LightWave projects directly to LiveSet format.
"Until TriCaster STUDIO live virtual sets were only available to production facilities with deep pockets" said Andrew Cross, NewTek’s Executive Vice President of Software Engineering. "LiveSet Generator for LightWave now makes custom, photo-realistic, virtual sets available to video producers at all levels."
LiveSet™ is a proprietary virtual set system included in TriCaster STUDIO and VT products. LiveSet allows individual virtual set effects to be applied independently to each camera input as well as integrated DDRs and iVGA inputs. Each LiveSet effect offers virtual cameras with multiple camera angles and focal lengths, with support for secondary video sources, such as on-screen background monitors and video walls. The photo-realistic LiveSet engine allows real-time rendering of reflections, refractions, bump maps and more.
Pricing and Availability
The LiveSet Generator for LightWave is available as a free download for all registered owners of NewTek’s TriCaster STUDIO, Portable Live Production System, and VT, Integrated Production Suite. The LiveSet Generator for LightWave plug-in requires the use of LightWave v9. Registered owners of TriCaster Studio or VT may purchase a full commercial copy of LightWave v9 for a special price of $495US.