"This bundle puts unprecedented editing power into the hands of corporate communicators, event videographers, project studios, educational facilities, and digital filmmakers at an affordable price," said Wayne Andrews, Matrox RT.X2 product manager. "The RT.X2 hardware combined with the Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 software gives users all the tools they need to produce top-quality SD and HD productions -- creatively, efficiently, and faster than ever -- then easily deliver to tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, the web, and mobile devices."
Key features of Matrox RT.X2 Matrox RT.X2 extends the capabilities of the Adobe CS3 software with many important benefits.
* Realtime, mixed-format, multi-layer workflows that combine HD and SD material from analog and digital sources
* Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects -- color correction, speed changes, chroma/luma keying and many more
* Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects -- 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, shine and many more
* Extensive camera support including many new models from Canon, JVC, Panasonic, and Sony
* Native HDV 1080i, HDV 1080p, HDV 720p (JVC ProHD), Panasonic P2 MXF 720p, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame HD editing
* Native DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, Panasonic P2 MXF SD, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame SD editing
* Realtime playback of 32-bit MPEG-2 I-frame AVI files with alpha in HD and SD
* Realtime mixed-format multi-cam
* Realtime high-quality hardware downscaling for SD output from an HD timeline
* Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
* WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Bridge, and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player with dynamic Alt+Tab switching
* Composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component input and output
* Full-resolution HD monitoring on an inexpensive flat panel display via independent DVI output
Priced at $1,795 US in North America (€1,549, ₤999) plus applicable local taxes, the Matrox RT.X2 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 bundle is available from Matrox-authorized dealers worldwide. Current Adobe® Creative Suite® 3 Production Premium or Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 owners can purchase RT.X2 hardware-only at $1,495 US in North America (€1250, ₤830) plus applicable local taxes.