Multibridge Eclipse is the most sophisticated editing system available, with the new 3 Gb/s SDI standard connections, Multibridge Eclipse allows twice the SDI data rate than normal HD-SDI, while retaining compatibility with normal HD-SDI and standard definition SDI equipment. 3 Gb/s SDI allows 4:4:4 video using a single BNC type connection, or Blackmagic Design’s new 2K via SDI allows high resolution 2048 x 1556 real time 24 fps feature film editing.
Multibridge Eclipse was demonstrated at the recent NAB 2007 show, where it won several leading industry awards.
"Multibridge Eclipse was developed in response to customers’ growing complex needs in high end broadcast and post production," said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. "Anyone from freelance editors to broadcasters and high end professionals can take advantage of the latest high speed SDI technologies for any kind of creative task. The leading edge technology and elegant design of Multibridge Eclipse makes it the most exciting product we have ever developed!"
In addition to 3 Gb/s SDI, Multibridge Eclipse also includes HDMI capture and playback and analog component, NTSC, PAL and S-Video capture and playback. Sixteen channels of SDI audio, 12 channels of AES/EBU audio, and 4 channels of analog XLR audio capture and playback are incorporated in response to feedback from large broadcast networks which were consulted during the research and design phase of Multibridge Eclipse.
Multibridge Eclipse includes a new design that shows users instant feedback of operational status, vital in busy broadcast facilities. Multibridge Eclipse includes 32 independent audio level meters for audio monitoring. Sixteen of these level meters show each audio input, and 16 level meters show each audio output. Indicators are also provided for resolution, genlock format, and video input status.
Multibridge Eclipse Key Features
• Dual Link 3 Gb/s SDI with compatibility with HD-SDI and SD SDI.
• HDMI capture and playback in SD and HD.
• Analog component, NTSC, PAL and S-Video capture and playback.
• SDI, HDMI and Analog component switches between SD and HD. SDI also switches to 2K film.
• Total of 16 simultaneous channels audio capture and playback.
• 12 channels of AES/EBU audio capture and playback.
• 4 channels of XLR professional analog audio capture and playback.
• 16 channels of SDI audio capture and playback.
• SDI switches between standard definition, HD and 2K.
• Full resolution 2K capture and playback at 2048 x 1556 at 24 and 23.98 fps.
• RS-422 remote control for broadcast decks and genlock/tri-Sync input.
• Compact 2 Rack Unit size less than 4 inches deep.
• Real time effects in Apple Final Cut Pro™ and Adobe Premiere™ Pro.
Multibridge Eclipse is available now for a US domestic recommended retail price of $3495 or €2755 from all Blackmagic Design authorized resellers.