Key features include the folowing:
- 4-disk, RAID-5 multi-interface storage solution for the desktop
- Quad-interface design (FW800, FW400, USB2.0 and eSATA) for instant connectivity
- User-selectable RAID options. RAID-0 for performance, RAID-5 for data protection
- Easy-to-use front LCD configuration panel
- Hot-swap disks & cooling
- Studio-quality Zero-noise cooling
- Up to 2.0TB (R-0) and 1.5TB (R-5) capacity support
- Supports Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
A product of this caliber will open new opportunities within sectors of the desktop markets currently undeveloped by Enhance Technology/Proavio. The combination of small form factor, RAID-5 protection and choice of connectivity will be immediately embraced by experienced users who have lost valuable data due to disk malfunction or failure. Features such as locking hot-swap disks, system door, user selectable RAID settings and solid aluminum construction help create a sense of high reliability & value.
Target markets for the EB4-CR include the following:
Home & project studio production (digital audio, virtual instruments, sound libraries, etc.)
Digital video editing (DV25 & DVD production)
High resolution graphic design & pre-press (Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, etc.)
Digital media home library (music, photos, and movie files)
Desktop storage & backup (accounting, marketing, disk-backup)
DVR & video surveillance
Anywhere RAID-5 data protection is needed.
Preliminary pricing is as follows:
MSRP: $1,095.00USD (w/o Disks for Authorized Value Added Resellers)
MSRP: $1,495.00USD (1.0TB)
MSRP: $1,735.00USD (2.0TB)
The systems ship with a limited 2-year warranty.