The LightSnake iChat is ideal for anyone who participates in multiplayer gaming or voice chats over the Internet. The iChat features clear, crisp audio and in-line volume controls perfect for listening to music or for VoIP calls with services such as Skype. In the office the iChat can be used for voice input on videoconferences or to take advantage of the latest speech recognition technology by talking into the LightSnake iChat's built-in microphone instead of typing.
"We developed the SoundTech LightSnake line of musical instrument cables to give our customers a high-quality yet easy-to-use product for home recording," said Larry English, President of US Music Consumer Division. "The iChat incorporates the same great features available in the LightSnake cable line in a product that can be used in everyday applications including online voice chats, listening to MP3s and online gaming."
The LightSnake iChat is fully plug-and-play compatible with a Mac or PC- no driver installs are necessary. In addition, the iChat features a stereo output allowing a favorite pair of headphones or powered speakers to be used in place of the included iChat ear buds.
SoundTech LightSnake USB Headset features include the following:
- Digital quality sound input and output without the need for a sound card
- Embedded 16 Bit ADC input with audio signal boost
- HSDL (Host Side Data Loss) noise reduction function
- 48/44.1 KHz sampling rate for recording
- USB bus powered with simple plug-and-play connectivity
- Compliant with USB 2.0 full speed operation
- Compatible with Win 98 / 98 SE / Win ME / Win 2000 / Win XP/ Win Vista / Linux and Mac OS9 / OS X
The iChat, with patented LightSnake technology, is available nationwide at Micro Center as well as on the web at Amazon.com or FullCompass.com with a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information on retail availability, visit www.SoundTech.com.