Packed with features to breathe new life into videos, photos and create Hollywood-style menu motion effects, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus maintains the ease of use and affordability associated with previous versions. Requiring very little time or effort, users can produce fun and creative DVD projects with a professional-looking feel in either HD DVD or standard DVD format.
For high-definition video enthusiasts choosing the Blu-ray Disc format, DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus also includes the ability to record HD video directly to Blu-ray Disc. It also comes complete with a free version of InterVideo WinDVD, the world's number one DVD and video playback software, and a free version of InterVideo DVD Copy™ enabling users to copy their videos and music in three easy steps.
Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus comes complete with enhanced "Edit Room" video editing tools that allow users to polish camcorder footage for more professional-looking home movies. One-click theme templates instantly create sophisticated opening sequences with animated overlays. Easy-to-use Storyboard and Timeline editing let users personalize titles, music and other project elements. Users can capture digital media from numerous sources and start creating artistic, original-looking video and slideshow discs. Content ranging from TV transmissions and downloaded video to photos and camcorder clips can be incorporated into creative projects.
The MovieFactory interface guides users through straightforward steps to guide them through the disc creation process. The comprehensive application supports all of the latest industry formats allowing users to import, edit and convert HDV, DivX® or AVCHD and output in HD DVD, Blu-ray or traditional DVD-Video. Rounding out the package, DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus also includes a complete set of tools for burning data to CD, DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc as well as options for creating audio and MP3 CDs and DVDs.
New features in Corel Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus Version Among the range of exciting new features, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus introduces the Edit Room, allowing users to edit captured video on an intuitive timeline with overlays, titles and music tracks. For video editors that demand more from a DVD authoring application, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus includes comprehensive menu templates, and the facility to work with HDV, DivX or AVCHD, and output in HD DVD, Blu-ray, DVD-Video or legacy VCD.
Along with a bonus copy of WinDVD and DVD Copy, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus offers a number of new key features and major enhancements, including the following:
Smart Video Editing
- Exciting Theme Templates - Users can select a suitable theme which will add opening, titling and transition effects to enhance video clips.
- Storyboard Mode - The easy way to get an overview, rearrange, and include transitions between all the scenes or video clips in any production
- Timeline Mode - Edit captured video on an intuitive timeline with overlays, titles and music tracks.
- Fade-in and Fade-out Video - Video clips can be edited to fade in or out at the click of a button.
- Overlay Tracks - Users can add interest to movies with overlay frames and objects.
- Transition Effects Between Videos - An extensive range of transition effects for a professional look.
- Insert Images to Video - Editors can create mixed-media "clipshows" by combining video clips and photos on the timeline.
- Capture and Edit HDV - Editing and exporting HDV is now just as easy as working with standard DV video.
- Auto Subtitle Track - Select to display video file name, date, time, and EXIF (photo) data as a subtitle track.
Smart Menu Options
- Button Moving Paths - Menus come to life with templates that contain animated menus, titles, navigation buttons, or other decorative objects.
- Distort Menu Objects - Users can rotate, stretch and angle menu motion buttons to fit into frames or other background elements.
- Extend Background Video and Image - Allowing editors to change from 4:3 to 16:9 widescreen.
- Customize Slideshow Pan and Zoom - This advanced tool offers customizable curved paths, transparency and zoom ratios.
Support for New Formats
- AVCHD Camcorder Support - Now users can import and edit high-definition footage from AVCHD camcorder discs, and convert to standard definition formats.
- DivX Support - Users of all levels can now combine downloaded DivX movies with subtitle .srt files, and burn to DVDs.
- Auto Detect Disc Type - The correct program for the disc type will automatically open for authoring, editing or burning.
- Support 16:9 Widescreen PC Monitor - DVD MovieFactory's user interface and layout will automatically adjust to fit widescreen monitors.
- Blu-ray Movie Discs - The software now includes the option to capture high-definition video from a camcorder or HDTV and burn to Blu-ray discs
- Dolby® Digital 5.1 Support New Output Options
- Supports 16:9 Widescreen PC Monitors - DVD MovieFactory's user interface and layout automatically adjusts to fit widescreen monitors.
- Burn HD DVD folders to HD DVD Disc - Now users can easily open and import HD DVD folders and burn them to disc for viewing on set-top players.
- CD Extra - adds data files to music discs
- Secure Burning on Data Discs - Now users can password-protect videos, photos, documents, and any other data from unauthorized access and viewing.
- Output to HD DVD-R/RW and Blu-ray BD-R/RE Discs
DVD MovieFactory 6 Standard Edition provides many of the same award-winning features found in the Plus version, but is designed to address the needs of new users working with standard definition video.
The English version of Corel Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Standard and Plus editions is available to buy from all major resellers or direct from www.ulead.com. Suggested retail pricing is $49.99 USD SRP for the standard version, $79.99 USD SRP for the Plus version. An upgrade version is available for users of previous versions. German and French versions of both Standard and Plus editions of Corel Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 will be available in March 2007.