The new Tinderbox collection is priced at: $500 / £275 per nodelocked license. Existing customers can upgrade for $250 / £137.50 per box.
The new Tinderbox 4 collection comprises a superior collection of generators, creative visual effects and image tools that will appeal to After Effects customers looking to significantly enhance their VFX capabilities. After Effects users can generate realistic animated flames with the Fire plug-in, and simulate the effect of water droplets rippling on a surface using Water. Other new plug-ins include the following: Cartoon, to give images a hand-drawn look; LineDrawing, a smart tool that detects the edges in an image and applies organic-looking pen strokes; and Muzzle Flash which generates light flashes from a range of guns including the M16, AK47, Beretta, Colt 45, and 12-gauge shotgun.
In addition to the new Tinderbox 4, The Foundry has re-engineered its Tinderbox 1, 2 and 3 collections from the ground up, enabling users to leverage the new features within After Effects 7.0. These include automatic synchronization with After Effects' in-built camera and lighting features, support for 32-bit floating-point images, brand new licensing to make it more flexible for customers to have plug-ins on multiple machines, as well as significant speed and feature enhancements.
Now, the complete collection of Tinderboxes 1, 2, 3, and 4, feature over 70 powerful 2D visual effects, each of which comes with a multitude of adjustable parameters to give those involved in the creation of stylish motion graphics and stunning visual effects access to a toolset that can deliver unlimited creative possibilities. Tinderbox 4 key features include the following:
- Bars: generates color bars and ramps.
- BleachBypass: exactly mimics a film lab bleach bypass process where the silver in the negative is retained giving a very stylised look.
- Cartoon: flattens colour and adds edge lines to give a hand drawn cartoon style look to images. Channels: provides floating point colour conversion between spaces.
- Colourist: uses statistical analysis of the image to provide various forms of automatic technically perfect colour correction for normal colour balancing.
- Convolve: is a general-purpose spatial filter that uses a weighted average of sampled pixels to determine each new pixel value.
- Fire: generates a variety of realistic animated flames.
- Flow: reveals the layers in a composite by flowing colour through a matte. The user creates a "path" in the alpha matte. Flow will then fill the matte procedurally. Flow can be used to create a variety of interesting "Write-on" and "reveal" type effects.
- InfiniteZoom: continues to zoom in on an image until the original or an alternative image is revealed within the zoomed image pixels.
- Kaleid: produces a classic kaleidoscope prism effect on an image. This is achieved by simulating the inter-reflections of a triangular prism over a picture.
- LightWrap: wraps background light around foreground objects to smooth composites.
- LineDrawing: a smart tool that detects the edges in an image and applies a really organic looking pen stroke.
- Median: applies an NxN median filter to an image. Median filters do an excellent job of removing single pixel noise or scratches from an image while only causing a slight reduction in sharpness.
- MuzzleFlash: generates light flashes for guns. Presets include M16, AK47, Beretta, Colt 45, and 12 gauge shotgun.
- Quantise: limits the number of colours in an image to give a range of interesting effects. Rain: simulates really clean effective 2D rain.
- Security: simulates a security camera feed.
- Snow: simulates 3D snow. It's a really smart plug-in which lets snow settle on objects when fed a matte.
- SoftGlow: generates really fast elegant glow effects.
- Water: procedurally simulates the effect of water droplets rippling on a surface. The effect can also be output as a procedurally animated ripple matte. For further realism a "wall" matte can be introduced to the ripples, which will then reflect or "bounce" off the white areas of the wall matte.
Now shipping, the new Tinderbox collection is priced at: $500 / £275 per nodelocked license. Existing customers can upgrade for $250.00 / £137.50 per box.