VASST, a leading developer of professional-quality training and software products, will work with Sony Media Software to oversee the training and manage the registration process. Through classes that provide a solid foundation in Vegas best practices, students learn valuable productivity as well as workflow techniques and tips. The User Level course provides beginners and self-taught users with basic skills and provides them with best editing practices.
The Editor Level classes offer more advanced techniques to those already familiar with the software. Participants who pass the certification test will receive an official "Sony Certified Vegas User" or "Sony Certified Vegas Editor" logo to use as a promotional tool to help differentiate themselves in the video editing field.
The Vegas Certification Tour will take place August 7-8 in Chicago, IL; August 10-11 in Burbank, CA; August 17-18 in Orlando, FL; and August 21-22 in New York City. Online registration and details on class locations in each of the cities is available at http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/training/certification.asp.
The Sony Certified Vegas User course includes lessons in the following areas:
- Understanding DV and HDV basics
- Modifying Vegas preferences for optimal performance
- Navigating the Vegas interface
- Mastering editing workflow
- Working with media (video, stills, generated)
- Learning essential editing techniques
- Enhancing your project with titles and essential compositing
- Building professional audio soundtracks
- Rendering and delivering final projects
- Authoring a DVD
The Sony Certified Vegas Editor course includes lessons in the following areas:
- Advanced capture techniques
- HDV workflow
- Media Management
- Advanced editing techniques
- Mastering track motion
- Creative masking
- Color correction, enhancement, and image restoration
- Chroma key for virtual sets
- 2D and 3D compositing
- Multicam strategies
- Using scripts
- Audio and video effects
- Audio post techniques
- Surround sound
- Advanced rendering
- Advanced DVD authoring
The cost of the certification course is $799, which includes two days of training and access to the online certification test. Attendees will also receive the book Digital Video and Audio Production and a "VASST Crew" T-shirt. For additional information on the Vegas Certification Tour, please visit http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/training/certification.asp.