ACID Pro 6 software is expected to be available in March at an MSRP of US $499.95. ACID Pro 6 software not only continues to provide the loop-based music creation tools, but now provides users with a multitrack recording and MIDI sequencing environment that will appeal to creative professionals and audio engineers looking to record, produce and mix in ACID software's fast, efficient and easy-to-master platform.
Some of the new digital music workstation technologies include the following:
- Multitrack Audio and MIDI Recording -- Simultaneously record multiple tracks of audio and MIDI into the ACID timeline through a variety of methods, including step recording, punch in/out, continuous looping, and more.
- Multiple Media Files per Track -- Layout multiple media files per track, including one-shots, Beatmapped events, loops, and disk-based files with new automatic crossfade capabilities.
- Inline MIDI Editing -- MIDI data can be manipulated directly on the ACID timeline, using either a piano roll or a drum grid interface. Edit all note position, velocity, pitch bend, and controller information using an easy, visual approach in the main multitrack interface.
- MIDI Filtering and Processing -- ACID Pro 6 software provides processing of MIDI data directly on the timeline, including quantization, swing, editing of velocity values, event duration changes, and more.
- VSTi Parameter Automation -- Using automation envelopes, ACID Pro 6 software provides increased mixing flexibility for VST instrument parameters.
- Drum Map Editing -- The Drum Map Editor provides an intuitive way to create custom Drum Map templates, to make working in the Drum Grid even easier.
- Project Sections -- ACID Pro 6 software now provides for the creation of project sections that lets users more efficiently rearrange time-based segments of audio and MIDI events located across multiple tracks.
- External Control Surface Support -- ACID Pro 6 software allows for hands-on mixing using external hardware control surfaces. Control record, transport, envelopes, faders, mutes, solos, pans, and effects automation. ACID Pro 6 software includes native support for the Mackie Control Universal, however the generic control interface option allows user-customizable mapping of up to five generic control surfaces.
- Record Input Monitoring -- The new multitrack workflow provides users with the ability to monitor audio signals with real-time track effect DSP during recording sessions.
ACID Pro 6 software will be available worldwide through software stores and online retailers at US $499.95.