Primatte Chromakey digitally removes a blue/green background from a photograph, leaving the subject against a transparent background with any color cast removed. Primatte excels in preserving important details like wisps of hair and sheer material. Any image can be substituted behind the subject, including photograph-quality backgrounds created with Backdrop Designer. Use over 900 pre-made backdrops to create colorful textures and then add in shadows to simulate 3D drapery. All Backdrop Designer graphics are resolution-independent and combinations of textures and shadows can be saved for later use.
Primatte Chromakey updates include:
* Multi-layer 16-bit support: 16-bit files now support multiple layers just like 8-bit files always have. This allows users to preview a replacement background while working in Primatte.
* Improved 16-bit performance: The speed of handling 16-bit files has been improved. In some cases 16-bit files will render faster than 8-bit files. * User interface improvements: Primatte's interface has been modified to make it behave more like Photoshop, making it easier for users to transition between Photoshop and the plug-in.
* Bug fixes: A number of major and minor issues have been addressed to make Primatte more stable and faster. Backdrop Designer updates include:
* 350 New Backgrounds: The number of shipped presets has increased by over 30%. These new presets are complete texture and shadow combinations that create realistic backgrounds for use with photography or design.
* New Preset Categories: There are new texture/shadow categories for silk, velvet, lighted muslin, stained glass and much more.
Regularly priced at USD $299, Primatte Chromakey is available now for USD $279. Regularly priced at USD $179, Backdrop Designer is available now for USD $169. Regularly priced at USD $449, a bundle of the two products called the Professional Photography Suite is available for USD $429. This special pricing is available until Nov. 30, 2005.
The Primatte Chromakey and Backdrop Designer updates are free for existing customers; users should contact Digital Anarchy for details. Demos, tutorials and samples are available at www.digitalanarchy.com.
Both products are compatible with Photoshop 5.5 and higher and Photoshop Elements 2.0 and higher. They are available for Mac OS X (not OS 9) and Windows 98ME and higher.