Based on The Orphanage's award-winning Magic Bullet technology, Look Suite delivers film stock emulation, diffusion filters, and easy-to-use film-look presets inspired by popular productions, such as The Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, Traffic, Amélie, The Island, and the CSI TV series.
Magic Bullet Editors' 65 custom-designed Looks alter shading, contrast, and tints of scenes to mimic the elusive look of film. Users can choose preset Looks from a pop-up menu or customize and save their own film treatments. The Magic Bullet Editors 2 package offers 16 plug-ins including Look Suite, a tool for mimicking various film processes and shooting styles; MB Deartifacter, a new plug-in for cleaning up DV and HDV chroma problems; and Misfire plug-ins for generating a wide variety of damaged film characteristics. Magic Bullet Editors 2 also adds support for Apple Motion 2, in addition to the existing applications: Avid AVX 1.5 systems, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Sony Vegas.
New Features in Magic Bullet Editors 2 include the following:
• Windows XP users can expect real time Look Suite acceleration with NVIDIA 6800 Ultra or 7800 series graphics cards with playback acceleration more than 12 times faster than the CPU
• Mac OS X users will see up to 8x times faster playback acceleration with high-end graphics cards • MB Deartifacter, a new Compression Correction plug-in to remove DV and HDV artifacts
• Apple Motion 2 support with included FxPlug
• 10 new Look presets to emulate movie looks and film treatments
MAC OS System requirements:
• NVIDIA 6800 or ATI equivalent graphics cards with 256 MB VRAM or more (required for GPU acceleration); see www.redgiantsoftware.com for complete compatibility list
• Apple Power Mac G5 (dual-processor recommended)
• Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later and 512MB RAM or more
• Apple Final Cut Pro 4.5 or later
• Apple Motion 2.0 or later
• Avid Xpress Pro 4.6 or later
Windows System requirements:
• NVIDIA 6800 or 7800 series graphics cards (or professional Quadro cards) with 256MB VRAM or more (required for GPU acceleration); see www.redgiantsoftware.com for complete compatibility list
• Intel Pentium 4 single or dual-processor system or equivalent
• Windows XP and 512MB RAM or more
• Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 or later
• Sony Vegas 5.0 or later
• Avid Xpress Pro 4.5 or later
Magic Bullet Editors is available now through Red Giant Software for $395 USD. Upgrades from any previous version of Magic Bullet Editors are $99 (download) or $149 (box).