A little over a year ago, CalDigit introduced the exciting CalDigit VR mini; an innovative, compact and bus powered two drive RAID system with a quadruple interface for easy connectivity.
The CalDigit VR mini is hasn’t gotten any bigger, but it can hold twice as much data and even outperforms the previous generation.
The CalDigit VR mini supports RAID levels 0, 1 and JBOD, supporting speeds fast enough for high definition video editing. Using eSATA, the CalDigit VR mini can reach speeds of over190MB/s.
With the same great features, the CalDigit VR mini is only 2 inches tall and 5 inches long, small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Many current owners of the CalDigit VR mini love the portability and reliability behind such a unique product. The bus powered feature using FireWire has been a great solution for users who are mobile or in locations without access to external power. Even when additional speed is needed, eSATA can be used at the same time, so there is never a need for additional power.
CalDigit VR mini Features
- Portable Bus Powered Design - Removable 2.5" Drive Modules, All Aluminum Enclosure
- Quadruple Interface - eSATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400, and USB 2.0
- LCD Display - Hard Drive Status, Capacity, RAID Level, Temperature, Serial Numbers and More
- Configurable RAID Modes - 0, 1, JBOD Set by LCD or Interactive Software
- Interactive Software Provides - Password Protection, Error/Event Log, Firmware Update, RAID Configuration, Turbo Mode, Nickname Feature and More
Price and Availability
The 1TB and new 2TB CalDigit VR mini are available now through CalDigit Certified Dealers worldwide at a special introductory price. Availability and price may be different outside the US, contact your local CalDigit Certified Dealer for details. Visit http://www.caldigit.com for more information about the CalDigit VR mini and all of CalDigit’s other products.