Matrox Announces Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 4.2 Support on the Mac for the Matrox MXO2 Family of I/O Devices
Matrox® Video Products Group today announced Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 4.2 support on the Mac for Matrox MXO2 Mini, MXO2 LE, MXO2 and MXO2 Rack. These devices provide all the features of an I/O card and a sturdy breakout box with the added advantage of portability.
They can be easily moved among the Mac Pros in a facility or taken on the road with MacBook Pros. Users get highly-reliable, broadcast-quality input/output and HDMI video monitoring with unique Matrox calibration controls including blue-only. They also benefit from a wide variety of HD and SD workflows with Adobe Premiere Pro thanks to Matrox MXO2's 10-bit hardware up/down/cross scaling engine and support for a wealth of file-based formats and industry-standard codecs.
"Adobe Premiere Pro users on the Mac can now choose from the entire Matrox MXO2 product line for maximum I/O flexibility," said Wayne Andrews, Matrox product manager. "They can edit anything, anywhere!"
Key features of Matrox MXO2
* Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, and Apple Xserve systems
* Lightweight - less than 3½ lbs. (1600 grams)
* Fits in your laptop bag - 13" x 9½" x 2" (330mm x 241mm x 51mm)
* Can run off a field battery or its AC adapter
* HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
* Genlock - SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
* 10-bit HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
* 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
* Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs - HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
* Professional audio inputs and outputs including 5.1 surround sound monitoring
* Captures to a variety of codecs - 10-bit uncompressed HD and SD, DVCPRO HD, and many more
* File-based workflow support - XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, P2HD
* RED workflow support
* Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
* Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Price and availability
Matrox MXO2 products are available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. The 1.8.1 driver release is available free of charge from the Matrox website for registered owners of Matrox MXO2 Mini, Matrox MXO2 LE, Matrox MXO2, Matrox MXO2 Rack and Matrox CompressHD.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, scan conversion, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit http://www.matrox.com/video.