Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that the eagerly awaited Matrox MXO2 is set to ship coincident with the opening of the 2008 International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) taking place September 12-16 at the RAI Center in Amsterdam.
Designed to streamline editing workflow with Apple Final Cut Studio on MacBook Pros and Mac Pros, Matrox MXO2 provides broadcast-quality input/output, monitoring, and up/down/cross conversion. Users can benefit from file-based workflows with XDCAM HD, and P2HD. In addition, they are not limited to using a single codec as with some other I/O devices on the market. MXO2 supports a variety of codecs such as ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more.
"Matrox MXO2 was a hit at NAB 2008, winning four prestigious industry awards – a Pick Hit Award from Broadcast Engineering Magazine, a STAR Award from TV Technology Magazine, a Black Diamond Award from DV Magazine, and a Vidy Award from Videography Magazine," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. "It’s clear from the volume of orders that have been pouring in for this innovative product that Matrox is leading the way in mobile editing on the Mac."
Matrox MXO2 will be demonstrated at IBC 2008 on stand 7.B29.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
Price and availability
- Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros and Mac Pros
- Lightweight – less than 3 ½ lbs. (1600 grams)
- Fits in a laptop bag – 13" x 9½" x 2" (330mm x 241mm x 51mm)
- HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- Professional audio inputs and outputs including 5.1 surround sound monitoring
- HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion
- Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs - HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
- Genlock – SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to a variety of codecs – Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD and many more
- Supports file-based workflows – XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2
- Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe Premiere Pro and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
Priced at €1,295 ((£899, $1,595 US in North America) not including local taxes, Matrox MXO2 will be available mid-September through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.