Expand Your TriCaster Capabilities: NewTek Now Shipping Major Software Upgrade
NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading video and 3D animation products, today announced that the NewTek TriCaster™ Software Upgrade 2.0 is shipping to customers beginning today. Included in the upgrade for the award-winning TriCaster family is MPEG-2 recording during live shows, which allows files to be used on any editing system. Major upgrades for TriCaster STUDIO™ and TriCaster PRO™ includes Adobe® Flash® streaming and archiving ability, supporting the most popular means of online video distribution. NewTek’s proprietary LiveSet™ technology for network style virtual sets has been added to TriCaster PRO; as well as support for multiple iVGA sources and additional output enhancements. The TriCaster™ model that retails for $4,995 will now feature Windows Media® push streaming, to dramatically simplify the ability to stream live productions.
"We have updated our TriCaster family to deliver a better performing, more efficient product to our customers," said Andrew Cross, NewTek’s Executive VP, Software Engineering. "By adding improved streaming, virtual sets, editing capabilities and support for other applications, the TriCaster family continues to be the best portable live production and web streaming products available."
With the TriCaster software upgrade, all TriCaster models (TriCaster STUDIO, TriCaster PRO/PRO FX and TriCaster) now offer these additional benefits:
- MPEG-2 recording at 25mbs/sec
- Fully integrated character generator for the creation of custom titles, scrolls and crawls
- Switching support for both 16:9 and 4:3 video for greater flexibility in live production
- The ability to create up-stream keys for LiveSet
- IEEE HDV and DV importing with auto-chop and real-time print to DV
- LiveMatte™ keying and frame-sync technology, including an advanced new keyer, garbage mattes and spill suppression
- Support for the new line of TriCaster accessories from NewTek allows TriCaster users the flexibility to work independently or expand their production team by offering a range of new capabilities in production:
- LiveControl™ ($1,995US) provides a physical control surface that allows for transition between sources without the use of a keyboard or mouse.
- TimeWarp™ ($995US) provides the ability to assign a dedicated operator for incorporating slow motion and replay in live production.
- LiveText™ ($995US) provides the ability for a dedicated graphics operator to use a remote laptop or other computer system for pre-production of title pages, scrolls and crawls or for updates on the fly during live production.
- DataLink™ ($995US) provides compatibility with external sources for real-time updates of title pages including information from scoreboards and databases.
A complete list of upgrade features to all TriCaster models can be found at www.newtek.com/tricaster.
Pricing and Availability
TriCaster 2.0 software upgrades for TriCaster, TriCaster PRO FX and TriCaster STUDIO models previously purchased will be available on NewTek customized USB thumb drives $495US. The upgrade for TriCaster PRO models will also be available on a USB thumb for $995US.
For more information, please visit www.NewTek.com.