TriCaster BROADCAST Serial Digital Portable Production System is Now Shipping
NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading video and 3D animation products, today announces it has begun shipping TriCaster BROADCAST™, its latest portable live production and virtual set system that offers producers the most extensive list of benefits and flexibility to date. With a small footprint that fits comfortably in even the most space-constrained environments, TriCaster BROADCAST offers easy set up, seamless one-person or team operation and NewTek’s LiveSet™ technology, which makes it possible to turn small spaces into larger-than-life network style studios.
"Whether doing a live production from a sporting event such as the Major League All Star Game, a music event such as the MTV video music awards or from thousands of schools, city halls, corporate boardrooms or houses of worship, TriCaster is the choice of producers around the world," said Michael Kornet, NewTek’s Chief Marketing Officer. "With the introduction of TriCaster BROADCAST and its serial digital solution, the growing family of TriCaster products now provides all of the capabilities of a live digital production truck in a small package for an ever-growing list of video and web streaming producers."
Offering unprecedented flexibility, TriCaster BROADCAST allows producers to quickly connect and mix up to six serial digital, component, composite and Y/C camera’s to provide full coverage of any event. Users can switch six cameras with a shared preview monitor or three cameras with a dedicated preview for each. TriCaster BROADCAST’s integrated character generator provides users the ability to create custom titles, motion graphics, scrolls and crawls. It can also lock any title or graphic upstream to any input. Dual VCRs may be assigned to scrolls, crawls and motion titles. Operators may also easily cut to video using the on-board DDRs at any time without the need for another person to cue up the content.
In addition, TriCaster BROADCAST includes the following benefits:
- Full support for both 4:3 and 16:9 broadcasting
- Multi-format live clip playback
- Up to three external displays, Mac or PC, can be imported as a switcher input
- Flash, Windows Media and VC-1 streaming support
- Serial Digital BNC connectors provide increased durability and reliability for camera hook-ups
- Four balanced XLR or phone jack connectors for professional audio mixing
- Simultaneous recording of full-screen .avi while archiving a Web stream
- iVGA under scan to select whether or not an external VGA input fills the entire video frame
- Cleaner keying and ease-of-setup with an optimized LiveMatte™ engine
- Integrated video editor, with improvements based on SpeedEDIT 1.5
- Additional tools that will allow customized LiveSet™ virtual sets created with LightWave 3D v9
- Virtual Sets
The LiveSet™ proprietary virtual set system in TriCaster BROADCAST allows virtual sets to be assigned independently to each of six camera inputs and the dual integrated DDRs. In addition, each input has an independent LiveMatte™ module eliminating the need for expensive keying or frame-sync hardware. Each live virtual set supports multiple angles, focal lengths and secondary video sources, such as on-screen monitors. The photo-realistic LiveSet engine allows real-time reflections, refractions, bump maps and more.
Pricing and Availability
TriCaster BROADCAST NTSC is available in North America for $11,995US. TriCaster BROADCAST is also available internationally in multi-standard PAL/NTSC versions. For more information, please visit www.NewTek.com.