Noise Industries Partner CoreMelt Releases a New FxPack for FxFactory
Noise Industries, developer of visual effects tools for the postproduction and broadcast markets, today announced that partner Core Melt has released a brand new Noise Industries FxPack titled "CoreMelt PolyChrome". The new FxPack is designed to run on Apple Final Cut Studio 2 (FCS 2) and Final Cut Express 4.0 (FCE 4) leveraging Apple’s FxPlug architecture.
The new CoreMelt PolyChrome FxPack offers 40 GPU accelerated transition effects for FCS 2 and FCE 4. Support for 10 bit and 12 bit codecs including footage shot using the RED Digital camera dramatically enhances effects workflows. High precision rendering means that PolyChrome transitions will never truncate video footage to 8bit color. Users can color grade after an online edit, film outs from video, or other media repurposing. Precise controls enable users to alter all aspects of the transition.
"This is a significant milestone for Noise Industries. Through our joint development partnerships with broadcast designers and visual effects artists such as Roger Bolton from CoreMelt, Apple Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Express users can pick and choose from over 300 unique FxFactory plug-ins," comments Niclas Bahn, director of business development, Noise Industries."Because our partners work in the industry day to day, they bring an immense amount of innovation to solving real-world workflow challenges, hence delivering packages like PolyChrome that are purpose-built for optimizing the effects production pipeline."
About Noise Industries Partners and FxPacks
FxPacks are developed by Noise Industries and its partners using the Noise Industries FxFactory Pro plug-in manager. The FxFactory Pro plug-in manager provides broadcast designers, such as Roger Bolton of CoreMelt, a user-friendly development tool to create additional effects for the Apple Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Express products.
Highlights of the CoreMelt PolyChrome FxPack
There are considerable advantages to the new CoreMelt PolyChrome FxPack:
- GPU accelerated: PolyChrome transitions run on the GPU for both PPC and Intel Macintoshes. Lightning fast rendering;
- Render in high precision color: All PolyChrome transitions have been tested with 10 bit and 12 bit codecs including footage from the RED Digital camera, 10 bit ProRes footage and other high bit depth codecs.
- Advanced Curves control: Dissolves and cross fades include precise control of transition curves, either symmetrical or separate for exact control over in and out clips.
- Four Free Transitions: FxFactory users who test drive PolyChrome receive 4 free transitions (no purchase necessary). Blend Mode, Curl Apart, Exposure Flash, Projector Malfunction.
- Users can test drive the new CoreMelt PolyChrome FxPack by downloading the software from: http://www.coremelt.com.
Pricing and Availability
CoreMelt PolyChrome is available today via the Noise Industries website for an MSRP of $99.00 USD.
Users must install the Noise Industries FxFactory engine to operate FxPacks. FxFactory is free and can be downloaded here. Apple Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Express users can test drive FxFactory FxPacks by downloading the 15-day trial version from http://www.noiseindustries.com/fxfactory.