1 Beyond Announces Industry's First Data-Protected Laptop Optimized For HD Video And Graphics Production
1 Beyond, Inc., a leading provider of digital video editing and compositing systems, today announced 1 Beyond GoFlex317 HD, the industry's first laptop capable of hardware RAID 5 protection with High Definition level performance.
Available now for $6995 for a fully featured system, the GoFlex317 HD is ideal for broadcasters and post-production crews working remotely with the latest HD formats who cannot afford to lose data but need the agility of a laptop solution.
Since RAID 5 requires a hardware controller, and a minimum of 3 drives, this configuration has previously been unavailable in a laptop. Available with Intel Core 2 Duo or Extreme Edition processors with up to 2.93Ghz, the latest NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX PCI-Express video card with 512MB and up to 600 GB of high-performance storage, the 1 Beyond GoFlex317 HD is superior in capabilities to many desktop workstations.
Certified with the new Adobe Creative Suite 3, Avid Xpress Pro with Mojo, Grass Valley / Canopus Edius, the GoFlex 317HD laptop is ideal for mission critical production work where redundant storage is required and portability is desired. Whether it is an Avid Media Composer, Autodesk 3ds Max, or Adobe After Effects, the GoFlex317 HD laptop handles demanding graphics applications with the ease.
"For many time-critical productions, data security and speed have only been available on desktop systems. For the first time, a portable laptop solution exists that addresses the robust storage requirements and performance needs of these crews who want to be agile and require portability to stay where the action is. The GoFlex317 HD is simply the most powerful laptop currently available with its unique combination of speed and data reliability," says Terry Cullen, 1 Beyond's CEO and Founder.
Key features of the 1 Beyond GoFlex317 HD:
Disk performance and reliability:
* Three SATA2 100 or 200 GB 7200rpm internal drives
* Performance of >60 MB/sec at RAID 5
* RAID 0/1/5 support
High system performance:
* Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz/ E6700 2.66Ghz or Core 2 Extreme Edition X6800 2.93Ghz CPU
* 1066MHz FSB
* Up to 4 GB Memory
* PCI-Express bus
* Real time HD video editing with Effects
* Latest NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX, 512MB, PCI-Express
* 17" 1920 X 1200 resolution polished LCD
* DVI connection for 2nd and 3rd monitor
* 8x DVD burner dual layer drive (Blu-Ray optional)
* High Definition audio, 8 channels 192 kHz/32-bit quality
* Dolby Surround Sound, S/PDIF, 4 speakers
* Built-in digital video camera and microphone
* Gigabit LAN, Wi-Fi A/G/N, Bluetooth, Infrared
* Express card slot
* Built-n 7-in-1 Card reader: MS, MMC, SD
* IEEE 1394 Firewire port, 4 USB 2.0
* Full size keyboard with separate numeric keypad