RAID storage expert Sonnet Technologies today announced that the Hitachi Global Storage Technologies one-terabyte (1TB) Serial ATA (SATA) Ultrastar® hard drive has successfully completed qualification testing and is now available in Sonnet’s Fusion RAID storage subsystems. The new Ultrastar A7K1000 drive is optimized for enterprise/RAID-class reliability and performance.
Combining a Sonnet Fusion with the Ultrastar 1TB storage capacity provides a reliable and cost-effective solution for audio and video editors or any other data-intensive environment where large capacities and a lower per-gigabyte cost are key requirements.
"Sonnet Fusion D800RAID systems with Ultrastar 1TB hard drives performs significantly faster than the previous generation drives, which will be great news for our performance-hungry video editing customers." stated Robert Farnsworth, Sonnet CEO. "We are seeing 506 MB/sec read and 562 MB/sec write speed on the AJA DiskWhackTest with the 8-drive RAID 5 Fusion D800RAID."
Sonnet Fusion Highlights
* Desktop and Rackmount systems
* Full-featured RAID controller supports RAID 0, 1, 4 (DVRAID), 5, 10, 50 and JBOD
* SATA host bus adapters for PCI-X, PCIe and ExpressCard/34 available
* Configuration flexibility with hot-swappable RAID drive modules
* Enterprise/RAID edition drives with 5-year warranties
* Award-winning, high-performance Fusion Q-series (quad interface: SATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400, USB 2.0) drive arrays
Hitachi Ultrastar A7K1000 Highlights
* 1TB of capacity
* 3 Gbps SATA for high performance and configuration flexibility
* Targeted 1.2 million hours Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
* Enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) for robust performance in multi-drive RAID environments
* 5-year warranty
For more information, visit the Sonnet web site at http://www.sonnettech.com/product/fusionfamily.