Focus Enhancements Announces Availability of High Performance HX-2 HD/SD Video Switcher
Focus Enhancements Inc (NASDAQ: FCSE), a worldwide leader in media management and Ultra Wideband (UWB) wireless technology, announced the immediate availability of the HX-2 HD/SD Video Switcher. The HX-2, along with the HX-1 Portable HD Video Switcher, offers broadcasters and video professionals the highest quality switching and video effects available today. From live outside broadcasts, to inside production shoots, the HX line is the ideal solution for news/sports broadcasters, production studio owners, educators, and video directors for places of worship.
The HX-2 features eight HD-SDI or SD-SDI inputs, in addition to external key and fill inputs for down stream key sources such as character generators, or logo inserters. Easy to set up and operate, the high performance switcher supports full 10-bit internal processing to meet the highest broadcast standards. The HX-2 also offers switchable HD/SD operation, six separate outputs, an external DSK input, chroma key functionality, auto or manual mix/wipe operation (with eight different wipe patterns) and a 2D DVE.
Already shipping, the HX-1 switcher offers four HD-SDI inputs with active loop-through on all inputs, as well as dual HD-SDI outputs for program, preview, and effects monitoring. With ultra-portable and rugged form factors, both the HX-1 and HX-2 are ideally suited for demanding and space-constrained environments such as broadcast OB vans, studios, and rental houses.
“The HX-1 Switcher has received an enthusiastic response and positive feedback from the field,” said Matt McEwen, senior product manager for Focus Enhancements. “With eight HD-SDI or SD-SDI inputs, the HX-2 provides our customers with a new level of versatility for their HD and SD productions — making it a great addition to our growing lineup of HD production tools.”
HX-2 features include the following:
- 1080i 50/60 or 525/60 operation
- Portable control panel and 1RU main chassis
- 2D DVE functionality includes transition squeeze, slide and mosaic.
- Extensive Chroma Key and DSK control options
- Auto transition and auto key on adjustable from 1 frame to 3 seconds.
- A/B bus or Flip-Flop operation
- Adjustable background and border color
- Adjustable frame store on each channel
- Adjustable aspect ratio and position attributes for circle and square wipes
- A/B bus indicated by LED and separate video effect bus
- BB or Tri Level Sync input with loop through
- LCD Status display
- Dual Tally Output (Red/Green)
- Professional metal construction with back-lit channel buttons and high quality take bar.
Priced at $19,995 US MSRP, the HX-2 HD/SD video switcher is available through Focus Enhancements' worldwide dealer and distributor network. The HX-1 HD video switcher is available at $10,995 US MSRP. For more information, visit www.focusinfo.com.