Cal Digit Announces Configurable 2TB FireWire RAID with 64MB of Cache Memory
CalDigit announced today that the FireWireVR 2TB dual drive FireWire product has been added to its lineup of storage solution products. This new unit allows for the universal connectivity of FireWire 400, 800, and USB 2.0 without the need of additional cards. The FireWireVR 2TB allows for RAID settings of 0, 1, and JBOD. The control for the different RAID settings is right on the box. The FireWireVR product utilizes SATA 3Gbps drives with 32MB’s cache per drive to meet the high-speed demands of application, such as with Final Cut Studio 2 and Adobe Creative Suite.
"CalDigits' FireWireVR product is fully compatible with the new AJA IoHD product & can take full advantage of the new Apple ProRes 422 HD workflows” said Jon Schilling, CalDigit Account Manager. “We’re proud to be the 1st truly configurable hardware RAID, shipping the largest FireWire 2 bay solution."
• Up to 2TB capacity
• Daisy Chainable without performance loss
• Compatible with Apple’s ProRes 422 HD workflows
• Compatible with AJA IoHD
• Store up to 30 hours of HD Video
• Removable, Replaceable Drive Modules
• Largest Hard Drive Cache size in the industry, 32MB per drive, up to 64MB total
• Hardware RAID functionality RAID 0,1 & JBOD
• HD seek time, 8.5ms (FASTEST HD seek time)
• Progressive, Rugged Modular Design
• Aluminum Housing for Excellent Heat Dissipation
• Multiple Interfaces: FW 400,800, USB 2.0
• Quiet Ball Bearing Fan / 60 W Power Supply / Drive Module
• Mac & PC compatible
• 2 year warranty
An option offered with this line is our FireWireVR archiving box; this option allows storage of additional drive modules for your projects in the same form factor as vertical-standing VHS tapes. Since most computer users already have shelving systems in place for their entertainment centers or media storage, they can simply utilize existing storage to keep projects organized.
CalDigit Inc is a manufacturer of affordable, quality FireWire, SATA 3Gb/s, and External PCI Express RAID products.