Blackmagic Design Inc. today announced Intensity Pro is now shipping and available now from Blackmagic Design professional video resellers worldwide. Intensity Pro is a new low cost and extremely high quality video capture and playback card for professional videographers that features HDMI, analog component, NTSC, PAL and S-Video capture and playback. Intensity Pro was demonstrated at the recent NAB 2007 show, where it won several leading industry awards.
Intensity Pro is the first card to combine the high quality of HDMI capture and playback with the wide compatibility of analog component, NTSC, PAL and S-Video and analog audio capture and playback. It enables users to capture directly from the HD camera's image sensor, bypassing the video compression chip for true uncompressed video quality. Now users can go beyond the quality limits of HDV for editing, design and authoring with Intensity Pro.
Intensity Pro can be connected to any big screen television or video projector for incredible edit monitoring. Current computers don't have the processing speed to render complex multi later real time effects in HDV playing back to FireWire cameras. Intensity solves this problem by outputting video on HDMI and analog outputs for big screen monitoring in both SD or HD formats.
"We think with the combination of HDMI and analog on a single PCI Express plug in card at a very affordable $349 will change the lives of thousands of professional videographers," said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design Inc. "Intensity Pro's new analog compatibility, combined with HD up and down conversion real time processing, allows videographers to now edit in either SD or HD, while keeping compatibility with older equipment and their archived video footage."
On-Air 2.0 Software for Real Time Video Mixing Included with every Intensity Pro card for real time video mixing is the popular On-Air software. On-Air allows customers to plug in two Intensity or Intensity Pro cards into a computer for two camera mixing for live video production.
Intensity Pro instantly switches between the 1080 HD, 720 HD, NTSC and PAL video standards. Intensity Pro is fully compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and any DirectShow or QuickTime-based software application on Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
Intensity Pro Features include the following:
• HDMI video and audio capture and playback.
• Analog capture and playback in component, NTSC, PAL and S-Video.
• Stereo analog audio capture and playback.
• Capture and playback DV, HDV, Online JPEG and uncompressed video.
• Use for edit playback monitoring on televisions and video projectors.
• HDMI and Component switches between HD and SD.
• Real time effects supported in Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Live production editing with Blackmagic On-Air mixing software with two cameras.
• Video capture and playback with Blackmagic Media Express utility.
• PCI Express 1 lane for compatibility with 1, 4, 8 and 16 lane PCI express slots.
• Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X Universal.
• Includes breakout cable with RCA-type connectors for analog video and audio.
Intensity Pro is in stock now with a US domestic recommended retail price of only $349 from all Blackmagic Design authorized resellers.