Matrox Announces Support for Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium and Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 on Matrox Axio Realtime HD and SD Editing Platforms
Matrox Video Products Group today announced that software release 3.0 for the Matrox Axio family of HD and SD editing platforms will support the newly announced Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium and Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 software. In addition, the Matrox Axio 3.0 release will provide support for Windows Vista, additional HD and SD cameras and editing resolutions, plus new realtime effects. The new features of Matrox Axio will be demonstrated at NAB 2007 in booth SL2015.
"The Axio 3.0 release brings extensive new camera support, giving users many more workflow options," said Ankit Patel, Matrox Axio product manager. "Combined with all the exciting new features of Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium, Matrox Axio users now have all the tools they need to produce top-quality HD productions - affordably, in real time, with complete flexibility - then easily deliver to tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, the web, and mobile devices."
New features in the Matrox Axio 3.0 release include the following:
- Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium support
- Windows Vista support
- New progressive SD editing resolutions - email@example.com fps and 576p@25 fps
- Sony HDV 1080p support (HVR-V1 cameras)
- Canon 24f and 30f mode support
- Sony XDCAM HD firstname.lastname@example.org fps and XDCAM HD export support
- Realtime color correction using RGB curves
- Realtime Adobe garbage masks
- Realtime sphere effect
- Realtime time code filter
The Matrox Axio family of products makes Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 the foremost realtime HD and SD editor for demanding broadcast and post-production environments. It features no-render HD and SD finishing in compressed and uncompressed formats, superior realtime color correction tools, advanced realtime effects, and a full complement of analog and digital audio and video inputs and outputs. It also lets users work seamlessly with the other Adobe CS3 Production Premium applications, fully supporting Adobe Dynamic Link and providing WYSIWYG video output support for Adobe After Effectsâ CS3 and Adobe Photoshop CS3, as well as other animation and compositing packages.
Matrox Axio incorporates Matrox Flex and Power of X technologies to leverage CPU and GPU power to provide the ultimate HD and SD post-production experience. Key features of Matrox Axio include the following:
- Full-resolution, mixed-format, multi-layer realtime editing of HD and SD video, graphics, and effects
- Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects such as color correction, speed changes, and chroma/luma keying
- Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects such as 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, and shine
- Native MXF file support for Panasonic P2, Sony XDCAM, and Sony XDCAM HD in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD - uncompressed, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 I-frame, DVCPRO HD, MPEG HD, HDV 1080i, HDV 720p (JVC ProHD), IMX, DV50, DV, DVCPRO, DVCAM
- Realtime playback of 32-bit compressed and uncompressed AVI with alpha
- 24 fps editing in HD and SD with pull down, reverse pull down, and Panasonic VariCam support
- Realtime high-quality downscaling from HD to SD · Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
- WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Bridge, and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player
- Matrox EZ-MXF utility for native MXF file support in Video for Windows (AVI) applications
- DV-1394, composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component, and HD/SD SDI, and professional audio input and output
The Matrox Axio 3.0 release will be available for download from the Matrox website free of charge to all registered Matrox Axio users in August 2007. It will support all three platforms in the Axio family - Axio LE, Axio HD, and Axio SD. Current Axio customers must obtain an upgrade to the new Adobe software from Adobe in order to use the Axio 3.0 release. New purchases of Matrox Axio bundled with Adobe software from March 27, 2007 (May 8, 2007 in Japan) through August 28, 2007 qualify for a complimentary upgrade to the equivalent Adobe CS3 product from Adobe when it ships.