Blackmagic Design Announces a Major Software Update for DeckLink and Multibridge products
Blackmagic Design Inc. today announced the immediate availability of DeckLink 6.0 and Multibridge 6.0, two significant software updates for the company's DeckLink and Multibridge range of broadcast video capture and playback devices.
This new software introduces a wide range of new features including improved real time video down conversion from 1080i and 720p to NTSC/PAL, as well as video up conversion allowing NTSC/PAL capture input video to be scaled up to HD in 1080i or 720p. Also included in this update are new settings for low level audio for improved compatibility with consumer video equipment.
With the release of the new Microsoft Windows Vista, this new software update allows all DeckLink and Multibridge customers to easily migrate to the new Windows Vista platform for professional video editing and compositing. Improved compatibility is also included for Windows Media Encoder, eyeon Fusion 5.1 as well as performance enhancements for all software.
Multibridge Extreme and Multibridge Pro products now support S-Video in and out, as well as full video and audio level adjustments when used in converter mode. This exciting software update is available for both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems.
New features include the following:
- 1080i and 720p real time down conversion to SD in playback
- Standard Definition to 720p to 1080i HD up conversion in capture
- Low level consumer analog audio support for DeckLink HD series, Multibridge Extreme and Multibridge Pro
- Support for the new Windows Vista
- Improved Windows Media Encoder support
- New Final Cut Pro easy setup for 1080p 23.98 HDV playback
- Eyeon Fusion 5.1 support on Windows
- S-video support in Multibridge Extreme and Pro when used as a video converter
- New Audio level adjustments in Multibridge Extreme and Multibridge Pro when used as a converter.
DeckLink 6.0 and Multibridge 6.0 software updates are available now to all registered DeckLink and Multibridge customers free of charge from the Blackmagic Design web site at www.blackmagic-design.com.