Matrox Announces Matrox RT.X2 SD Realtime Editing Platform at CABSAT 2007
Matrox Video Products Group today announced the Matrox RT.X2 SD realtime editing platform, designed for corporate communicators, event videographers, project studios, educational facilities, and digital filmmakers delivering their projects in SD. Matrox-authorized distributor, Digital Image, will demonstrate RT.X2 SD on stand E2-21.
"Matrox RT.X2 SD replaces our highly successful RT.X100 platform and brings many exciting new features to our customers who need a high-performance SD editing platform that helps them get the best from Adobe Production Studio," said Wayne Andrews, Matrox product manager. "RT.X2 SD is built on the Matrox Axio engine and delivers many of its high-end features, at a very affordable price point."
Key features of Matrox RT.X2 SD include the following:
- Realtime multi-layer editing of video, graphics, and effects
- Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects: color correction, speed changes, chroma/luma keying and many more
- Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects: 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, shine and many more
- Native DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame SD editing
- Realtime HDV clip downscaling in an SD timeline
- Realtime mixed-format multi-cam in an SD timeline
- Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
- WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Bridge, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player with dynamic Alt+Tab switching
- Composite, Y/C, and analog component SD input and output
Priced at $895 US in North America (GBP 525, €749), Matrox RT.X2 SD will be available in April 2007 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. The Matrox RT.X2 SD bundle includes the RT.X2 SD PCIe card and a professional breakout box. It is designed for use with the customer's copy of Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe Production Studio.