XChange International has announced the release of Strata Live 3D version 1.2, including several stability fixes and modifications to support Acrobat Reader 8.
Features of Strata Live 3D include the following:
- Plug-in free Web 3D—since Strata Live 3D models export to simple Java applets, they'll play problem-free in virtually every browser released since 1997 and no plug-ins are required.
- Plug-in free 3D PDFs—Live 3D objects embedded in PDF documents. Spice up product manuals, annual reports, new product announcements, and more.
- 3D Anywhere—Export animated models to the web, PDFs, PowerPoint, animated GIFs and more.
- Live Sketches—Live 3D also offers a sketch mode in addition to realistic rendering. You can even render sketches over the realistically shaded or flat shaded model.
- Full Decimation Controls—Interactively reduce polygon counts in any model to ensure fast interaction, no matter what size the model was originally.
Macintosh: Power Macintosh with Mac OS X 10.3 or higher, 256 MB RAM, 45 MB free disk space, Monitor resolution of 800x600 or better, Java 1.4.2 required (available through Apple software update)
Windows: Windows XP, Windows 2000 with SP 4 or later, Pentium Compatible or better, 256 MB RAM, 45 MB free disk space, VGA colour display with, 800x600 resolution
This update is free to current Strata Live 3D users.