Blackmagic Design Announces Immediate Availability of DeckLink HD Studio
Blackmagic Design Inc. today announced DeckLink HD Studio, the world's first capture and playback card to support both HDMI and analog component video, is now available to customers worldwide. With DeckLink HD Studio, customers can capture high quality, uncompressed video direct from the HDMI connection on cameras, decks, and video cameras.
DeckLink HD Studio allows capture from HDMI cameras or decks, as well as analog decks and set top boxes. HDMI playback and analog playback allows connection to a wide range of video monitors, big screen televisions and video projectors for incredible quality client monitoring. DeckLink HD Studio instantly switches between HD and SD so you can work with almost any deck, camera or monitor.
DeckLink HD Studio takes advantage of the same high end quality technology for which Blackmagic Design video capture cards are known, including 10 bit capture and playback, high speed 4 lane PCI Express, and 14-bit digital to analog conversion for incredible output quality. DeckLink HD Studio also features the same uncompressed and compressed file formats used by all DeckLink cards, allowing large storage area network based systems to use shared video files for full compatibility.
DeckLink HD Studio and the entire range of DeckLink HD cards from Blackmagic Design are the only video capture cards on the market to feature true 64-bit addressing that eliminates system memory limits, so customers can install as much memory as they need. DeckLink HD Studio is fully compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and any DirectShow or QuickTime-based software application. DeckLink HD Studio works with most popular video software.
Product features include the following:
- Capture and Play via HDMI and component video
- Work in HD1080i, HD720p, and NTSC/PAL video
- Both HDMI and analog I/O connections instantly switch between HD and SD video
- Connect directly to a wide range of affordable video cameras and monitors (non copy protected)
- Connect to HDMI or Analog Component Devices
- Supports Standard and High Definition HDMI capture and playback, combined with analog YUV as well as NTSC/PAL and S-Video capture and playback
- Supports broadcast monitors using 14-bit analog output
- Highest quality ingest via HDMI and straight to HDMI monitoring
DeckLink HD Studio has a recommended retail price of only US$995, and is available immediately worldwide via authorized Blackmagic Design resellers. DeckLink Studio is software upgradeable, enabling new video formats and features to be added via free software updates from the Blackmagic Design website located at http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/software.