Matrox Video Products Group today announced that over 1,000 Matrox MXO units have been shipped to users worldwide in the first 60 days of production. An easy-to-use DVI-to-audio/video output adapter for the Mac, Matrox MXO takes the DVI output from a Mac computer or laptop and converts it to broadcast-quality video. Users can preview Apple Final Cut Pro projects or the output of other QuickTime-based applications such as Apple Soundtrack Pro and Motion, as well as Adobe After Effects as they will actually appear on TV and record them frame accurately to tape.
Matrox MXO can also be used to provide a flicker-free video output of the computer desktop with any application, allowing the user to record and display Keynote and PowerPoint presentations, web browser sessions, and software application training. Matrox MXO will be demonstrated at IBC 2006 on the Matrox stand 7.128.
Key features of Matrox MXO include the following:
- DVI to broadcast-quality video conversion in HD and SD
- Portable, hot-swappable external box
- Genlockable HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite outputs
- Up to 8 channels SDI embedded audio output with stereo audio monitoring
- Workflow enhancements for Final Cut Pro and other QuickTime-based applications
- Conversion of DVI preview output to frame accurate video for insert editing and print-to-tape with guaranteed audio/video sync
- Interlacing artifact elimination and gamma correction when previewing video on a secondary DVI display
- Hardware accelerated output of DVCPRO HD, HDV, and Final Cut Pro Dynamic RT segments
- Realtime downscaling of an HD project to SD resolution with proper color space conversions
- Flicker-free, broadcast-quality video output of the computer desktop with any application
Priced at $995 US in North America (£619, €899), Matrox MXO is now available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.