Matrox Video Products Group has announced that Matrox RT.X2, a high-performance real-time native HDV and DV editing platform bundled with Adobe Premiere Pro, is now shipping worldwide. Designed for corporate communicators, event videographers, project studios, educational facilities, and digital filmmakers, Matrox RT.X2 is designed primarily for realtime native HDV and DV editing. It also provides a high-quality MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame codec so users can capture other HD and SD formats using RT.X2's analog inputs and mix all types of footage on the timeline in real time.
Key features of Matrox RT.X2 include the following:
- Realtime multi-layer workflows that combine HD and SD material from analog and digital sources
- Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects - color correction, speed changes, chroma/luma keying and many more
- Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects - 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, shine and many more
- Native HDV and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame HD editing
- Native DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame SD editing
- Realtime mixing of HD codecs and SD codecs on any timeline
- Realtime mixed-format multi-cam
- Realtime high-quality hardware downscaling for SD output from an HD timeline
- Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
- WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, and NewTek LightWave 3D with dynamic Alt+Tab switching
- Composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component input and output
- Full-resolution HD monitoring on an inexpensive flat panel display via independent DVI output
- Includes Adobe Premiere Pro Price and availability
Priced at $1,995 US in North America including Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, Matrox RT.X2 is now available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. A special limited-time in-box coupon entitles the purchaser to a substantial discount on an upgrade to Adobe Production Studio. For a limited time, owners of Matrox RT.X100 can upgrade to RT.X2 at a special price. Details regarding all promotional offers can be found on the Matrox website. System selection guidelines and lists of validated computers, motherboards, and GPUs are posted in the support section of the Matrox website. Complete RT.X2-based turnkey systems are also available from Matrox RT.X2 authorized dealers.