Focus Enhancements Ships New FireStore FS-100 DTE Recorder for the Panasonic AG-HVX200
Focus Enhancements Inc. today announced the availability of its FireStore FS-100 portable Direct To Edit (DTE) DVCPRO HD disk recorders for Panasonic's AG-HVX200 P2 handheld camera-recorder. As an official Panasonic P2 partner, the FS-100 is optimized for use with the Panasonic AG-HVX200 P2 camera recorder and can also be used with any Panasonic DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, or DVCPRO HD equipment featuring an IEEE 1394 interface. It features the ability to record DVCPRO HD or DVCPRO 50 in Panasonic's widely supported P2 MXF format or DV/DVCPRO in up to 10 different native NLE file formats.
The FS-100 provides a real-time digital back-up to P2 card content and extends the overall recording duration by 100 minutes. The FireStore FS-100 enables videographers to record drop-out free DV/DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, or DVCPRO HD video streams via FireWire while in the field. Users can then connect directly to a Mac or PC to edit content directly from the FireStore or ingest clips to P2 supported applications, eliminating the need to digitize footage.
In DVCPRO HD and DVCPRO 50 mode, clips are recorded to disk in the MXF P2 format. In DV and DVCPRO mode, users can choose from the most popular NLE formats including Avid OMF, QuickTime, Canopus AVI, Matrox AVI and more. "
FireStore FS-100 key features include the following:
- Records DVCPRO HD 100Mb/s or DVCPRO 50 from the AG-HVX200 Handheld Camera-recorder in the MXF P2 format
- Provides digital backup for P2 card content and adds an additional 100 minutes of recording time
- Offers DV/DVCPRO DTE-Direct To Edit recording
- Integrates with the AG-HVX200 including FS-100 status in the viewfinder
- Eliminates the need to capture footage on supported NLE systems; simply import clips from the disk directly to the NLE's timeline and edit immediately
- Features a compact rugged design, comprehensive graphical LCD, and a removable Li-Ion Battery Pack
The FireStore FS-100 is available now through the Panasonic worldwide dealer and distributor network for an estimated MSRP of $2,195. For more information on Focus Enhancements and its products, please visit www.focusinfo.com.