Blackmagic Design Announces 2K Support for Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0
Today, Blackmagic Design announced true 2K resolution support with Version 5.5 software for the Multibridge Extreme all-in-one bi-directional converter with PCI-Express. The Multibridge Extreme is an uncompressed video product to feature 2K, real-time 10-bit RGB playout for Apple Final Cut Pro on Mac OS X and Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 on Windows XP. T
his new software driver 5.5 for Multibridge Extreme also features 2K real-time preview for popular compositing and paint applications such as Adobe After Effects 7.0, Combustion, Shake and Photoshop. True 2K, at 23.98 and 24fps enables editors, broadcast paint and special effects professionals the ability to monitor 2K video and graphics on Dual-Link DVI-D LCD displays, such as the Apple 30" Cinema Display and the DELL 30" flat-panel display. Each individual pixel is digitally mapped pixel-for-pixel for the most color-sensitive and accurate image quality available - perfect for detailed video and film work.
Multibridge Extreme 5.5 includes the following:
- True 2K, 10 bit RGB real time playout support for Apple Final Cut Pro on Mac OS X and Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 on Windows XP
- True 2K real time preview for popular effects and paint applications such as Adobe After Effects 7.0, Photoshop, Shake and Combustion
- Support for 30" dual-link DVI-D displays at full resolution 2K 2048x1556, and support for 2048x1536, 2048x1157, 2048x1106, 2048x1080 at 23.98 and 24fps
- Closed caption support in high and standard definition analog and digital video
- Added Windows 2003 server support for software version 5.5 for Windows XP
Multibridge Extreme is an all-in-one bi-directional converter featuring a new high-speed 10GBps PCI-Express connection. 25 times faster than FireWire, Multibridge Extreme's PCI-Express allows capture and playback of uncompressed video up to 2K feature film resolutions when plugged into a computer. Multibridge Extreme can be used as the highest quality audio and video converter, or as a high-end editing and compositing system for broadcast, post-production and film projects. It instantly switches between HD and SD with 4:2:2 and Dual Link 4:4:4 video quality.
Multibridge Extreme features SDI digital video, Analog Component video, 8 channels of AES/EBU digital audio, two channels of balanced professional XLR analog audio and two unbalanced audio outputs for low cost in-suite monitoring. Multibridge Extreme is available now for US$2,595 from authorized Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.
Blackmagic's latest software driver is available free to registered Multibridge Extreme users, and can be download immediately from the Blackmagic Design support web site located at www.blackmagic-design.com/support/software/.