AJA Video, a manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, today announced the KONA LSe, a new PCI-Express version of AJA's affordable solution for quality analog and digital SD video capture and playback, the KONA LS. The cost-effective KONA LSe is the perfect engine for a professional Final Cut Pro editing system.
With this announcement, AJA further extends its variety of product options that support the PCIe G5 systems: the award-winning Io, IoLA, and IoLD, as well as KONA LSe, KONA LHe and the company's top-of-the-line KONA 3. AJA has made a significant investment in the development of its exceptional KONA hardware, and with KONA LSe, the AJA feature set, quality, support and reliability is available to professional editors at an entry-level price point.
Features of the KONA include the following:
- PCI-Express (PCIe) 4-lane compatible
- 12-bit Component or Composite/S-video analog I/O
- 10-bit SDI input, 2 independent SDI outputs
- AES I/O; sample rate conversion on input (2 Ch, XLR)
- Balanced analog audio I/O (2 Ch, XLR)
- 6-Ch SDI embedded audio support
- Broadcast-quality TBC with VHS support
- RS-422 Machine Control
- AJA QuickTime Drivers o Support for Apple Final Cut Pro
- Support for After Effects, Combustion, Motion, and more
- Supports all popular standard definition formats: 8/10 bit uncompressed, JPEG, DV25/50, and 3:2 pulldown for 24Hz support o Cables Standard, KL-Box-LH Optional
- 3-year warranty
KONA LSe will ship worldwide on March 20th, 2006, with a list price of $995 US. KONA LSe has the same feature set as the KONA LS, but with the new high-performance 4-lane PCI Express (PCIe) bus interface. The KONA LS remains available for non PCI-Express configurations.