REALVIZ, a leader in image processing software development, will now ship version 2 of StoryViz, their 3D previz and storyboarding software, from the end of February 2006. REALVIZ StoryViz enables directors, visual effects supervisors, 3D animators, graphic artists, and film-makers of all levels to prepare, in real time, each sequence of a movie with an amazing level of detail.
Version 2 of StoryViz, which debuted at the Siggraph exhibition in Los Angeles in July 2005, was showcased along with a selection of the other REALVIZ applications at this week's IMAGINA show, which took place at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco from February 2006. StoryViz enables movie-makers to prototype each individual scene and to simulate complex shots, in real time. It is based on a powerful 3D rendering engine and a complete set of non-linear editing tools to create, edit and author all the components of a 3D scene. With StoryViz, you can do the following:
- Create 3D scenes: either by importing elements from Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, or REALVIZ ImageModeler.
- Create actors directly in StoryViz from a series of predefined human characters, and animate them using posing information or pre-set animations.
- Define, locate and animate cameras and lights.
- Edit and compose sequences using a set of non-linear editing tools.
- Add comments and paint drawings.
- Preview sequences in real time.
- Generate composited sequences/video rushes, or export data to Maya or 3ds Max for further rendering.
- Create HTML pages with accompanying text for detailed step-by-step storyboards.
Version 2 of StoryViz now offers a range of new features, designed specifically to streamline the previz workflow, including the following:
- Drag and drop of .OBJ object and .GBX files into the application.
- FBX file format support.
- Import of tracked camera data and image planes from REALVIZ MatchMover Pro.
- Import of 3D environments created using VTour, REALVIZ' latest image-based modeling software from panoramas.
- The ability to define customized characters using a predefined skeleton, inside Maya or 3ds Max, to create the actors required for your particular sequence.
- Full visual control and editing of cameras, lights and object trajectories, in 3D.
- Support for animated textures.
- Rotation and translation constraints for objects, actors, lights and cameras.
- Measuring tool in 3D.
- Direct export of sound volume variations in the final avi file.
- Sequence fade control to selectable color.
StoryViz is available for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP through REALVIZ resellers worldwide at a price point of 990 Euros/$1,200 US excl. VAT. A demo version of StoryViz 1 is currently available for download from the REALVIZ website, with version 2 following around the end of February 2006. For further information on StoryViz, please go to http://www.realviz.com/products/svz/index.php.