CyberLink Corp. has released CyberLink PowerDirector 5, featuring new time-saving magic editing tools, support for widescreen aspect ratios, and high-definition video.
The latest version of CyberLink PowerDirector offers the following features:
- New Magic Tools: Magic Style and Magic Fix
- Improvements to existing Magic Tools: Magic Cut, Magic Clean, Magic Motion, and Magic Music
- Enhanced CyberLink RichVideo technology, featuring Smart Captions
- Support for high-definition video
- Support for 16:9 aspect ratio video content
- Optional support for MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-4 SP
- Faster previewing of clips with a new "draft-quality", and the ability to disable specific timeline tracks while previewing others
- Upgraded Title Designer featuring multiple text layers
- CyberLink Virtual Speaker settings for DVD audio
Magic Tools in PowerDirector 5:
- Magic Style creates a finished movie from clips instantly and automatically. Users select a look and feel by applying one of 12 preset Magic Style templates. Each template contains a combination of effects, screen frames, and clip length. Effects are applied randomly, frames are applied sequentially, and clip length is determined using a smart video analysis algorithm. Users can choose to add and remove effects and frames on the timeline as desired.
- Magic Fix provides a quick-and-easy means of improving video and photo quality. Video Stabilizer compensates for jitters created by unsteady camera work. Red-eye Removal automatically detects faces and corrects red-eyes. Photo Re-focus improves the clarity of poorly focused photos by sharpening the edges of image objects.
- Magic Clean includes options for improving audio and video tracks and photos. New White Balance lets users correct the color temperature of their clips by adjusting the color balance to compensate for different lighting environments. Magic Clean utilizes second-generation CyberLink Eagle Vision (CLEV) 2 technology to enhance the colors and brightness of photos and video, and now lets users adjust the levels of CLEV. Audio is improved with CyberLink Noise Reduction (CLNR) technology.
- Magic Cut automates the editing of a video into one short clip by analyzing for elements it values highly. Users can quickly turn lengthy clips into interesting and paced videos by simply setting the desired duration. Now Magic Cut allows users to insert background music and automatically fit the video to the length of the music.
- Magic Music offers a quick way to create soundtracks that perfectly fit the length of a video clip or photo slideshow. A built-in royalty-free library provides a wide selection of music genres and scores, with even more tracks available for purchase online. After dragging their music to the timeline, users have the choice of setting a specific duration or simply dragging to line up with their video clips and photos. Magic Music reworks the music to sound like it's been composed for the new length. Users can now access their Magic Music library for adding background audio to DVD menus.
- Magic Motion makes still images more enjoyable to watch by adding subtle panning and zooming. Now users have greater creative control by being able to specify which slideshow effect they want to apply. PowerDirector analyzes each image for its main subject and then applies motion based on this key focus. Magic Motion lets users quickly turn a collection of digital photos into an impressive slideshow. With a completely updated user interface and improved workflow, PowerDirector integrates the processes linking editing, authoring and burning, ensuring DVD authoring is quicker and easier.
Other new and improved features in PowerDirector 5 include:
- CyberLink RichVideo technology saves an enormous amount of production time by reusing video file information created by Magic Cut or Scene Detection functions. PowerDirector stores the information within the files, ensuring that the next time these features are used on the same files, the speed of production is dramatically improved. CyberLink RichVideo™ now stores onscreen video information such as date and time codes as Smart Captions, which are acquired during capturing, and allows the insertion of short text comments.
- Support for high definition video capturing, editing and output, and support for native 16:9 aspect ratios, allows the creation of files in MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-4 SP formats. CyberLink has licensed Sony's Memory Stick Video Format, allowing users to create video files for playing on today's latest mobile devices like the Sony PSP. Videos can be saved in a broad variety of file types, including HD MPEG-2, WMV-HD, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WMV, DivX, DV-AVI, QuickTime, or RealVideo, or burnt to a complete range of DVD and CD media via a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW burner. Support for MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-4 SP is available to users as plug-in enhancements.
- Improved Title Designer provides an easy way to add sophisticated text effects to create movie titles, credits and subtitles. Options such as font, color, size, shadow effects and gradients allow users to personalize their creations. PowerDirector now supports alpha-blending frames and banners, ensuring added style with image and text overlays. Multiple titles can be layered, with each title having its own customizable settings. 41 title designs are available. - Previewing Tools include new options for reviewing videos on the timeline. Hide Track lets users isolate tracks on the timeline and watch the results of specific elements, allowing them to select which tracks they want to preview. Meanwhile, three preview resolutions offer faster playback by allowing users to select a lower draft quality video for reviewing.
- Seamless DVD authoring ensures a fluid process from editing to producing files and creating discs. Improved integration and updated features give users total control over creating professional DVDs for playback on home DVD players. Chapters inserted during editing are maintained for authoring. Users can add stylish motion and still menus, chapter thumbnails, and burn to a broad range of disc media. New Virtual Surround Sound (CLVS) lets users convert their DVDs' audio into virtual surround sound, with three options to simulate different sound environments.
PowerDirector 5 is available for USD 89.95/Euros 74.99 at the CyberStore: http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/cyberstore/order_4_ENU.html
Retail box versions will be available via CyberLink's network of software publishers worldwide. Release dates differ in each country. Customers interested in purchasing PowerDirector 5 can go to the following link: http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/companybg/retail_distributors.jsp