Ulead Digital Media Software Supports Pioneer DVR-509’s New DVD-R Dual-Layer Burning Capabilities
Ulead Systems has announced that its digital media software suite, which is included with the Pioneer DVR-509, fully supports the drive's new DVD-R dual-layer and 8X +RW burning functionality. Ulead has now equipped its digital media software to support the recently-introduced DVD-R dual-layer media. Both DVD-R dual-layer and DVD+R double-layer media give consumers twice the storage capacity (8.5 GB of storage instead of the 4.7 GB offered on single-layer discs). With DVD-R dual-layer discs, consumers can now burn two hours of video at the highest quality for playback on set-top DVD players, according to Ulead.
Ulead's support for new DVD-R dual-layer media burning includes multi-session and layer-jump recording. Unlike the "Disc-at-Once" recording process, multi-session burning cuts the burning process into different sessions. Layer-jump recording alternates burning between both layers of the disc, which evenly distributes the data between layers. The advantage to layer-jump recording is that it minimizes the finalization time when burning the DVD.
The Ulead software suite bundled with the Pioneer DVR-509 comprises a set of applications within one interface:
- VideoStudio 8 SE DVD makes it easy to capture and edit video and supports transitions, titles, music, narration, and special effects. The Movie Wizard lets novices create movies in three steps, while the full-featured video editor offers more advanced video editing tools such as pan and zoom as well as four independent audio tracks.
- Customers can use DVD MovieFactory 3.5 SE to edit and burn videos to DVD with a scene selection menu just like in Hollywood DVDs.
- DVD PictureShow 3 SE turns photos into DVD slideshows with transitions, text, and music.
- The suite also comes with Photo Explorer 8.5 SE to transfer, manage, enhance, and share digital photos as well as audio and video files.
- The Ulead Burn.Now application burns data and music discs to DVD-R and DVD+R dual layer discs, single-layer DVDs, or CDs.