Avid to Discuss HD Transition and Demonstrate Latest Innovations in Los Angeles and New York
Avid Technology, Inc. has announced that it will host two industry events--one in Los Angeles on May 18, the other in New York City on June 9--designed to explore HD postproduction trends and demonstrate the company's latest product innovations. Both events will offer an in-depth look at the challenges associated with transitioning to HD postproduction, followed by the opportunity to test drive Avid's complete line of postproduction solutions--from its entry-level HD tools to its most advanced HD video editing and finishing solutions. In addition, registered attendees will have the chance to win a free Avid Xpress(R) Studio HD Complete system--valued at $5,995 US MSRP.
Following the discussion about the transition to HD postproduction, Avid will demonstrate a range of its latest HD product innovations, including:
- Avid DNxHD encoding - delivering the image quality of 8- and 10-bit uncompressed HD images with the bandwidth and storage requirements of SD files
- The Avid(R) Symphony Nitris system - offering the real-time performance of the Nitris Digital Nonlinear Accelerator (Avid DNA) hardware with the creative and corrective tools, and multi-format mastering and versioning capabilities, of the Avid Symphony software
- The Avid DS Nitris system - delivering resolution-independent capabilities, including 10-bit uncompressed HD, Avid DNxHD encoding, and SD finishing and mastering as well as 2K/4K file-based editing and expanded DPX file-conform functionality for digital intermediate (DI) workflows
- The Media Composer Adrenaline HD system with the Avid DNxcel board - providing 10-bit capture, editing, and playback of today's leading HD formats, true 24 fps HD support for film projects, new tapeless workflows with support for the Panasonic P2 and Sony XDCAM professional cameras, Avid DNxHD encoding, and real-time HD and SD multicamera editing
- The Avid Xpress Studio HD and Avid Xpress Pro HD systems - offering professional HD, SD, DV, and film editing features with powerful audio, 3D animation, effects, titling, and DVD authoring tools.
Event Logistics, Registration & Contest Rules The Los Angeles event will take place on Wednesday, May 18, 2005, from 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. at the House of Blues, 8430 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA. The New York event will take place on Thursday, June 9, from 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. at Strata, 915 Broadway and 21st Street, New York, NY. To register for either event, www.avid.com/domoretour. To learn more about the official contest rules for how to win an Avid Xpress Studio HD Complete system, please visit www.avid.com/events/roadshow/rules.asp.