NewTek, Inc. has announced the latest software version of its VT integrated Production Suite, designed to serve all professional video production needs from network broadcast to web streaming. VT version 4.5 provides real-time layering and effects for live video and graphics in most PC file formats and operates internally in uncompressed D1 component video, with composite, Y/C, component, DV or optional SDI output. NewTek's VT includes integrated timeline and storyboard editing, paint, 3D modeling and animation, titling, keying, live switching and more. "
NewTek is implementing several major new features into VT version 4.5, covering new graphics, titling and output capabilities, as well as significant system improvements. New Features include:
- LightWave 3D, version 8.3
- A re-designed character generator for live production
- Native XGA projector output
- iVGA adds external computer displays as a switcher input
- Smooth scaling of all sources for pristine output in any format
- An improved video codec that offers 5:1 compression and 4:2:2 color-space, exceeding DV quality
System improvements include:
- New drivers with increased stability and lower system overhead
- Faster loading of DVEs
- Improved switcher performance when using 3 cameras
- Improved PAL signal quality
VT Version 4.5 also offers built-in integration for a wide range of popular tools for film and television effects, including Digital Fusion, After Effects, combustion, 3ds max, and more. VT Version 4.5's frame buffer output for these applications provides artists with instant feedback on what their shots, graphics elements, and composites will look like when broadcast. VT Version 4.5 also includes a Project Codec that lets any application with AVI support load VT project files with no conversion or rendering, allowing VT Version 4.5 to integrate into virtually any production pipeline.
VT Version 4.5 will be a free download for registered VT owners, and retails at $3495.