EventDVLive Winner's Circle 2011
Here's this year's 2nd annual Winners’ Circle, presented alphabetically.
• Atomos Ninja and Samurai: New 10-bit portable field recorders for DSLR shooters designed by former Blackmagic Design engineers list for $995 (Ninja) and $1495 (Samurai), incorporate a high-quality monitor and feature long battery life, SSD storage, and ProRes output.
• Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio: New $995 professional production switcher features broadcast quality H.264 encoder and HD/SDI and HDMI I/O.
• FOR-A HVS-4000 Production Switcher: Multiformat live production switcher supports HD/SD and 3D mixed input, features built-in multiviewer and 4 keyers, and ships this summer.
• Grass Valley MediaEdge LEB Express: Standalone real-time H.264 encoder supports live video delivery via IP network, accepts HD-SDI and HDMI input, and supports streaming via an internal streaming server.
• K-Tek Norbert Sport Accessory Mount: New camera mount from industry-leading boom pole manufacturer designed for DSLR shooters doing sports and other fast-paced, high-action events, thanks to extendable graphite handles. It can be used to mount lights, viewfinders, monitors, audio recorders, and more.
• NewTek TriCaster TCXD850: Genre-defining 22-channel HD-capable live production system features 18 live HD virtual sets and groundbreaking IsoCorder technology, which lets live producers record up to eight channels of video from any input or output, bridging live production and post as never before.
• Roland VR-5 AV Mixer: New all-in-one device combines an SD video switcher, audio mixer, video playback, recorder, preview monitors, and output for web streaming. Reviewed in Spring EventDVLive.
• Sachtler Cine DSLR: New compact, stable fluid head designed specifically for DSLR live video shooters features three vertical and horizontal grades of drag, and ships with a special camera plate with an anti-twist retainer for HD DSLR cameras.
• Singular Software Presto: New plug-in from Singular, a company best-known for its Plural Eyes and Dual Eyes A/V sync plug-ins, automates and simplifies professional PowerPoint presentation video coverage; specifically designed to facilitate professional conference and corporate video production.
• Sony NEX-FS100: New Super 35mm camera could be the solution for live event producers who want the image quality, low-light performance, shallow depth of field, lens interchangeability, etc. of DSLRs without the hassles of continuous shooting limits, non-professional audio, and the inevitable accessorizing associated with shooting video with a photo camera.
• ViewCast Niagara 4100: Portable streaming appliance supports live adaptive HD streaming to broadband networks and mobile devices, can be accessed and managed from anywhere via its web interface. SimulStream technology enables multiple concurrent streams in multiple formats t various bitrates from a single source.