"It’s a lovely unit, very smooth… and it uses a lovely gear system. With the Zacuto Z-Focus you undo the lock at the bottom, slide the follow focus back and forth until you make contact and lock her in to the gear. It is a GREAT system and is flawless." – Philip Bloom, DoP Director Editor
Keeping the same ergonomics and adjustable locking witness mark ring, the Z-Focus has a new "flippable" design in Lightweight or Studio, allowing you to quickly remove the follow focus and flip it from the operator to the assistant side in seconds, making your shoot run smoothly and saving you time. The Lightweight or Studio "Flippable" Z-Focus have the upper hand on other "clamp style" follow focus bases which are obstructed by equipment making them impossible to remove quickly on set. With the Lightweight or Studio "Flippable" Z-Focus a simple flip off and on of the follow focus and you’re ready to shoot! If double access by both operator and assistant are necessary, or there is no time for a flip, Zacuto offers the Lightweight and Studio Double-Sided Z-Focuses. Zacuto’s double sided design is much more accurate in that it is two follow focus units and does not use a transmission which inevitably develops play over time.
ZACUTO FOLLOW FOCUS LIST:
The Zacuto Z-Focus (Follow Focus) includes:
- Z-Focus #Z-FF-1
- Lightweight *Flippable* Z-Focus #Z-FF-1F
- Lightweight Double-Sided Z-Focus #Z-FF-1DS
- Studio flippable Z-Focus #Z-FF-S
- Studio Double-Sided Z-Focus #Z-FF-SD
The Z-focus comes standard with .8 pitch gear, if another pitch is needed that can be specified when ordering.
- Double, Flippable, or Single sided design for operator and assistant use.
- Worm gear adjustment screw to allow user to tighten gear play
- Interchangeable drive gears
- Other gears available in Fuji .6 & Canon .5 pitches
- Magnetic dry erase marking disk
- Standard accessory port for Zacuto or Chrosziel follow focus whip, speed crank, etc.
- Industry-standard 15mm & 19mm studio or 15mm lightweight rod mount
- Lightweight design