"Photographers and videographers, be they creative pros or Mac computer enthusiasts, have a genuine need for large amounts of fast, portable storage for their high-definition files," said Jim Welsh, senior vice president and general manager of WD's Branded Products and Consumer Electronics Groups. "With a new FireWire 800 interface, My Passport Studio speeds up editing and transferring of big media files making it perfect for performance-minded Mac computer users on the go."
A built-in, illuminated capacity gauge tells users how much space is available in the drive and because it is powered by the FireWire or USB connection, it is truly portable. In addition, My Passport Studio can be used to backup Mac laptops using Apple's Time Machine(TM) application.
Availability and Price
Available now at select retailers and at WD's online store (www.shopwd.com), MSRP for My Passport Studio with FireWire 800/400 interfaces and 500 GB capacity is $249.99 USD; MSRP for 400 GB capacity is $229.99 USD. Apple Retail Stores will feature My Passport Studio drives with the new FireWire 800 interface this holiday season.
Ultra-fast and Mac computer-ready, the My Passport Studio portable drive includes the following features:
- High-performance FireWire 800 interface, plus FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 interfaces for maximum flexibility;
- Turbo-powered with high-speed turbo drivers for maximum performance (Mac computer only);
- Illuminated capacity gauge lets users see at a glance how much space is available on the drive;
- Compatible with Apple's Time Machine application so users can back up with Apple's Time Machine, or their favorite back up software;
- Industry-leading 5-year limited warranty;
- FireWire or USB powered so no separate power supply is needed(1); and,
- Formatted HFS+, Journaled for use with Mac computers can be easily reformatted for use with Windows PCs.